End All, Be All?

End All, Be All?

It's less "you don't know what you got until it's gone," and more "you don't know what's truly there until you really look."

67
End All, Be All?
Phoebe Velez

On today's episode of "Phoebe Writes a Vague Odyssey Article About Her Day-to-Day Life..."

Don't worry. It's happy, I promise.

The last few weeks of this semester have sent me through every possible twist and turn. I got close with some incredible people. Others that I was already close with revealed their true selves, and it honestly wasn't positive. I loved. I lost. But one door closing (or slamming itself shut for that matter) opened quite a few others.

That being said, I thought the rest of this semester was going to absolutely suck. I'd allowed myself to feel alone... more alone than I ever had. I assumed that the way one person thought about me was the way everyone else did. I let some horrible (and very conveniently twisted) things said to me determine my overall worth. But that, fortunately, was very short-lived.

Although much easier said than done, I stopped thinking about it. It was honestly surprised how quickly I stopped losing sleep over it. I stepped out of the bubble I'd allowed myself to get into and turned to some of the incredible people I'd been sitting within one of my classes. This ended up being one of the best decisions I've ever made. I've gotten so much closer to some really amazing people, and am currently feeling better than I ever have.

I learned a valuable lesson since I got back from Thanksgiving break: don't let one twisted situation determine everything else. It's not your end-all, be-all. Don't limit yourself. Expand your horizons. Don't get me wrong - it's not easy. It'll suck at first, but who knows... it may lead to something you'd never seen coming, and that something can be something pretty amazing.