Nothing Beats Country

Nothing Beats Country

It's not all about trucks, beer, and women.

13
Nothing Beats Country
Awesome Wallpaper

Everyone has their own music genre preference. Some people like hip-hop or rap, others pop or electronic. It all depends on the person. And when it comes to me, well, I prefer country. And I know what you’re probably thinking: Country? Really? You enjoy honky-tonk songs about beer, trucks and women? Well, no. As a matter of fact, I hate honky-tonk. But luckily for me, country music is so much more than that.

One of the biggest reasons why I love country music is the fact that the lyrics are understandable and meaningful. No longer am I Googling song titles, attempting to decipher the words that are being babbled out by artists at ridiculous speeds! With country, not only will you notice that each song tells a story but it also comes from the heart. Take Martina McBride’s song, I’m Gonna Love You Through It, for example. This song, from beginning to end, tells a story about a mother of three and her battle with cancer. Ultimately, this song describes the support a husband provides during this tough time. It’s an incredibly moving song, and regardless of how many times I’ve listened to it, it never fails to choke me up.

One of the beauties of country music is its ability to move the listener, to touch his or her emotions, personally. It is country music’s ability to connect with the listener that makes each song so powerful. When the meaning of a song is understood, the emotions set in. Country music is powerful in that it is realistic and relatable. And because of that, there’s a song for every mood. It is incredible how some songs fit in perfectly for what emotions and thoughts you are going through; it has a tendency to put our feelings into words better than we can. As an individual who’s experienced heartbreak, there’s seriously nothing more comforting than listening (and crying) to Rascal Flatts’ What Hurts The Most because I know I’m not the only one who’s experienced that kind of pain. It’s quite beautiful, really, how music can mend the soul. And as an individual who believes in love, country music never fails to instill a sense of hope. Just listen to Jana Kramer’s song, Love; you’ll see what I mean.

That being said, country music is incredibly romantic. If there’s one thing that country music is good at, it’s tugging at the heartstrings. When it comes to relationships, there’s nothing more that a girl wants than to be the one the country boy is singing about in his song. Whether it be Dylan Scott’s My Girl, or Brett Young’sIn Case You Didn’t Know, there’s no doubt that a cowboy’s love is the desired love. And might I add, these cowboys are straight dimes; thank you country music!

Additionally, one of my favorite things about country music is that it is patriotic. There is a certain respect and love for country that is deeply rooted in the heart of this genre. And while there are songs that are specifically about the USA (think Lee Greenwood’s God Bless The USA), there are many songs that have nothing to do with the nation, yet provide shoutouts of national pride. Take Zac Brown Band’s Chicken Fried, for example. Zac Brown Band started off by writing the song as a tribute to all the things they love in life. Having been written around September 11, the Band realized how fortunate they were to be able to have all these things and enjoy the simple life. And with that, they decided to incorporate a patriotic line to the song: I thank God for my life/And for the stars and stripes/May freedom forever fly, let it ring/Salute the ones who died/And the ones that gave their lives so we don't have to sacrifice/All the things we love/Like our chicken fried.

With country music, every song is different, no song sounds the same and each song taps into your emotions differently. It’s raw and it’s real, it’s exciting and it’s fun; which is why I believe country music is the best driving music. Honestly, there’s nothing better than driving windows down, blasting country music on a beautiful, sunny, summer day.

Here’s a short list of some of my favorites:

Flatliner (feat. Dierks Bentley) - Cole Swindell

From The Ground Up - Dan and Shay

Hurricane - Luke Combs

Summer Nights - Rascal Flatts

Who I Am With You - Chris Young

Humble and Kind - Tim McGraw

It Don’t Hurt Like It Used To - Billy Currington

Yeah - Joe Nichols

I Loved Her First - Heartland

The Girl You Think I Am - Carrie Underwood

Drink to That All Night - Jerrod Niemann

Mercy - Brett Young

Wagon Wheel - Darius Rucker

Song About a Girl - Eric Paslay

500 Miles - Haley and Michaels

Make You Miss Me - Sam Hunt

Church Bells - Carrie Underwood

Die a Happy Man - Thomas Rhett

How Not To - Dan and Shay

One Number Away - Luke Combs

Craving You - Thomas Rhett

Break Up in a Small Town - Sam Hunt

Losing Sleep - Chris Young

My Old Man - Zac Brown Band