To My Little Sister

To My Little Sister

Hey Sister, Soul Sister.

8
To My Little Sister

Dear little sis,

I know we are apart the majority of the year, but somehow I think that makes us closer. I think we've both realized how much we truly love each other when we are forced to spend time away. I find myself sitting in my dorm room sometimes wishing I was back home on the couch watching tv with you or driving around town. It's the little things like that which make you appreciate what you have.

Thank you for sticking with me through everything, even through the darkest of times. We've been through a lot of crap together but we somehow come out stronger every time. Even when you drive me absolutely nuts and I want to slap you, there isn't a day that will go by where I won't defend you. No one messes with my little sister. I would literally take a bullet for you if I had to.

Thank you for managing to keep yourself together even when you thought you couldn't anymore. You've handled yourself with such grace and dignity through all of the horrendous things that have been thrown at you. I admire you for that, you can't hold a grudge to save your life. You forgive people despite the pain they've caused you and that's the ultimate strength. I used to worry about you but I know I don't have to. You always manage to come out okay on the other side of it.

Thank you for laughing with me when life gets tough. We both get uncomfortable when things get serious and we always find a way to find humor out of an unfortunate situation. You make me laugh all the time and I couldn't appreciate it more. It's nice to share the same sense of humor together. Thank you for laughing at my jokes, even when they are pretty bad.

Most of all, thank you for being my little sister, my ride or die, and my best friend. We've been through it all together but I wouldn't have wanted to go through it with anybody else. It's just you and me now and it sucks but we make the most of it. We both find a way to keep each other going despite the huge loss we've have suffered in our life. You're my sister until kingdom come. I love you!

- Your big sis