An Open Letter - To My Best Friend

An Open Letter - To My Best Friend

You know who you are.

37
An Open Letter - To My Best Friend
Flickr

Dear Best Friend,

I will not put your name in this letter because you know who you are. I want you to know that after all of the years that I have known you, you will always be my best friend. Even when I have not been there as much recently, I promise that I will never leave your side when you need me most. I promise you that, though it might be days or even a week before we speak, if something happens just know that I will be there every step of the way that you need me. Even if that means you just want to tell me something that is awesome or awful. I promise you that I will always be there.

I will always defend you. Even if I might ever be mad at you, I respect you too much to let someone else disrespect you even if we are in a disagreement. I mean that has never happened before because you are always a damn good friend. I will even defend you from yourself because sometimes we let things get a little too crazy and I like having you around. Even when you think that the ex-boyfriend or current crush is worth all of that heartache that you were put through, I will be there to tell you to screw that jerk and be fabulous instead. I will be as blunt as humanly possible and probably use fouler language but it will happen because I gotchu.

I promise that I will try my best to make you laugh. I am stupid and goofy enough so you know that I will try to make your life happy even when I am not feeling up for it. I believe that everyone should be happy and that includes my best friend. You are one of the most important people in my life and I want to make sure you enjoy life as much as you can. that is my promise to you.

I also promise that we will always have adventures. What is the point of not having fun in life and not taking certain risks? I mean, I get pretty chicken when I want to be but I am always up for adventures with you.

There is so much more that I could say but the most important thing for you to know is that I love you. That we will have many more adventures together. That you will always be important in my life even when you think that no one cares about you. I will always be there for you through thick and thin. Know that you are my best friend for life.

Love,

Your Best Friend.