I'm Not Wonder Woman, So Can I Be A Mermaid?

Adulting is hard!
20

I take it back! I don't want to be an adult! Adulting sucks most of the time. There is like a 60/40 ratio of the good and bad, the bad being the sixty percent. It's either being an adult is awful, or I'm awful at being one. I can't decide. You know, when I was a child, I couldn't wait to grow up. Thinking that I could stay up late, eat whatever I want, do whatever I want, and get whatever I want or needed without any worry.

Wrong!

Here is the top three things I hate about being an adult. And then there is my top three things that I love about being an adult.

Hate

1. I get no sleep.

Like I want to stay up late, but going to bed at 8 o' clock sounds wonderful. And then end up crashing for hours on my days off and accomplish nothing when I want too. I mean this last Thursday, I fell asleep at 6:30 pm after work. And didn't wake up till 3:30am. Weird hours! Plus I was exhausted the next day even though I slept all those hours.

2. I have to pay bills.

I stress a lot about bills. But I pride myself on this because I do make sure bill money is paid first. Then I'm broke for just about everything else. Things are way to pricey in this world nowadays.

3. I'm not invincible.

I'm growing up in a generation where older people always tell me, "you're young" or automatically expect me to be okay with my struggling life. I am just trying to get ahead in life, but I can't if I'm always struggling. The world is much harder than it used to be. I'm not wonder woman. I wish I was. I clap when I don't have to pay a bill for the week. I cry when I can't get something I need. I'm human like everyone else.

Love

1. I am constantly changing.

Just this last year I have lost 17 pounds, dropped five pant sizes practically. My tastes have changed. I used to not like mushrooms, bell peppers, asparagus and cooked broccoli. Now I love all that. My clothing choices have grown. No longer just wanting to be in loose jeans and a t-shirt, I actually have skinny jeans and pretty blouses that show skin (not too much). I have become more confident and if I hadn't become older, I don't think I would have this confidence.

2. Making new friends!

I love my friends. My friends are what make my life 100% worth living. They make me laugh when I'm sad. We constantly talk to each other and no matter what we love each other almost as much or more so than family.

3. After paying off bills and getting what I need, I get to pay for what I want.

Because I am an adult and I make my OWN money. One of the biggest perks of being an adult. I don't get to spoil myself often, so I love it and cherish the times I can.

Maybe being an adult isn't too bad? I just have to get better at it! Haha!