I'm The Girl In Her 20s Who Is Not Ready For A Love Life, And No, I Don't Have An ETA

I'm looking for happiness and acceptance with myself.

101
miss_elli_perelli//Instagram

Everyone in their 20s seems to always be talking about love, or how they met this guy, and went on a date with this cute guy, or is talking to this one guy from high school, etc. I am the girl who is not ready for an S.O. and I'm finally okay with that.

I want to be selfish.

Not that I even just WANT to be selfish, I NEED to be selfish. This stage of my life basically can either shape me or break me for the future, and I want to focus on me, and me alone. I want to do what I want when I want, and not worry about having to make the decision with somebody else.

It wouldn't be a 50/50 relationship.

I want to wait to find 'the one' because I'm not ready to give my all in a relationship right now. Once I'm settled and more comfortable being an adult and on my own is a better time to think about being in a committed relationship.

I'm working on loving myself.

Loving myself is my number one priority. If I don't love myself, then how can I love someone else? Loving yourself is really hard, and I want to master that before anything else.

I don't want validation from someone else.

I get asked ALL THE TIME (especially by family members) if I have a boyfriend or if I "like" anybody. The answer is no. Why not? Because I am not ready. Plain and simple. I'm just not looking for love right now in my life. I'm looking for happiness and acceptance with myself.