Not A Party Animal? No Problem.

Not A Party Animal? No Problem.

Parties aren't everybody's scene and that's okay.

19
Not A Party Animal? No Problem.

Being in college, it's not secret that there are plenty of opportunities to party.

"Syllabus Sunday"

"Wasted Wednesday"

"Thirsty Thursday"

The list goes on and on. College students are looked upon as the crazy kids, but what if you don't party? While I enjoy a good house party as much as the next college girl, destroying my liver every weekend doesn't sound like the most appealing plan to me. Some weekends I would much rather lay on my futon, eat Veggie Straws, and binge watch "Shameless" or "New Girl." And that's okay. I know it's a new concept for some of my college peers, but I just don't have a need to go out to a wall to wall packed house full of frat boys and drunk girls every Friday night.

Movies and older generations make out parties in college to be the best times of their lives. I can't even tell you how many times I've been asked about parties by friends or family members that are curious about the college life. The questions about college always go in order of, "What's your major?" to "So, how are the parties?"

However, I do think that there is a happy medium with partying and binge watching Netflix. Whether you go for an hour and never go again or go out every weekend, I think every college student should try it at least once. It's like a right of passage! Some people go once, fall in love with the jungle juice and the jams, and are positive that parties are their scene. Others would rather not have beer spilled on them every two seconds and wake up with all of their dignity the next day.

Both of these options are more than okay, and I think many people forget that.

My point is Odyssey readers, if you like to party, that's great. If you don't like to party, that's great too. Don't feel the need to go out every weekend just to "fit in" with your friends or the poster college lifestyle if you really don't want to. On the other side of that, don't make your friends feel like they have to party every weekend just to "fit in" with you either.

You do you, girl. You do you.