You don’t always have to be happy!

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay

What the F U N K?!?!

62
It’s Okay To Not Be Okay
Molly Martinez

Lately, I've just been this weird mood. I don't really know what's going on but it's happening. My friends and I call it a "funk" because what else would we call it?

I understand that sometimes it's scary to realize that you might not be okay but trust me it's okay! You don't always have to be that perfect human person with the perfect life.

Sometimes you get stressed out and life gets the best of you. Now don't get me wrong, I have some pretty good days but lately, it's just been weird.

Let me elaborate on what I mean by "funk". It's basically you just not feeling yourself and being stressed out. Now I've been in a funk for the past couple of months and before you go on telling me to go and talk to someone about my "feelings" I have. Also, it's not that easy to tell someone what's on your mind.

Sometimes I don't even have the words for it. Just ask some of my close friends.

Being in a funk isn't bad at all!! It's perfectly okay to not be okay but I will tell you this.

Everyone has there good days and everyone has there bad days. I'm a firm believer on if you want to have a better day you just have to change your attitude and mindset. I've been doing that lately and it has been working out but it also isn't that easy. My friends especially have been constantly asking me if I'm okay and if I need anyone to talk to that they are there for me.

It's ALWAYS good to have such a great support system.

Now, if you may be in a "funk" right now then trust me I know what you're going through. Just let whatever or whoever is consuming your thoughts go away!

It's not worth your time to be stressing out over something that can change your whole mood. Now I know that's hard to do and trust me I'm still trying to do that but in the end, it'll be worth it because your mental health will be better.

*Sidenote: if you need someone to talk HMU!!!! I'm better at dealing with other people's problems than my own*