It's Okay to Not Know

It's Okay to Not Know

trusting God with the future

461
It's Okay to Not Know
google images

I have no idea.

This is a phrase that has become quickly adopted into my everyday vocabulary since I have started college.

People will ask me questions like "What grade do you want to teach?" or "Where do you want to live after you graduate?", and I can only respond with this, now commonly used saying, I have no idea.

You see, up until this point, I have had it together. I have had my entire life planned out to a T. What job I would have.The type of person I would marry. How many kids I would have. The list of expectations goes on and on.

I loved to plan things out. I loved to plan so that I could know exactly what to expect. I wanted to be properly and sufficiently equipped for each and every task that came my way. The problem with this mindset was simply that I mapped out my life in a way that I thought was best for me.

I, in my worldly desires mindset, want things for myself that lead to "success". I want things that will make me look better through the eyes of this world.

However, I have come to the realization that God's plans for be are one thousand times better than my wildest dreams.

And the reality is that I may have no idea what his plans are for me in the future.

But I CAN see what He has placed in my life right now.

I can take what he has given to me now, and do it to the best of my ability.

If I pursue Him with everything in me, and run with all that he has put in front of me, then I don't have to have any plans.

I don't have to know every single detail of my future. I don't have to follow a life map that I have drawn out for myself. It's okay to say "I have no idea" because God does.