Not In You To Quit

Not In You To Quit

He did not bring you this far to only come this far.

53
Not In You To Quit
olivia moreno

Not In You To Quit.

Listen, I don’t know about y’all but this semester has been the worst I have ever experienced. I have had more emotional breakdowns than I am willing to admit. This semester hurts like hell.

Last night specifically was really hard, I didn’t want to leave my house but one of my best friends managed to convince me to go to church even though I rolled in about 35 minutes late. I walked in, sat down, and immediately started feeling anxious. I kept fidgeting and I really wanted to go home until the woman preaching started talking.

I don’t remember the entire message but I remember her saying this,

“Whatever you’re going through you have to go through it. You have to finish, you have to fight and you have to push. It doesn’t matter if you have to crawl your way to the end, you have to keep going…”

There was a second where her eyes locked in on mine and she said, “It is not in you to quit.”

My eyes filled with tears, I somehow kept it together but I will never in my life forget that moment.

She later read to us Isaiah 43:19, it says this,

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

Maybe you’re in the wilderness too, but let me tell you something, my God promised to never leave me or forsake me. My faithful God has never failed me and He will never fail you.

In this very moment He is making a way for us, we may not see it but we must follow it. We must be still and know.

The other night I was crying out to God and I said to Him,

“Lord, hear Your daughter crying. Where are You?”

Immediately, I heard a voice in my spirit say to me,

“I am crying with you.”

He has not left. He will never leave. He cries with us. He goes before us. He will not take us where He has never been.

You will finish this semester. You will overcome this trial.

Do not accept defeat. It does not matter how broken down you feel, you have to keep going. If you can’t run, walk. If you can’t walk, crawl. If you can’t crawl then get into fetal position and rock back and forth if that’s what it takes to move forward. Just keep moving.

Child of the living God, please hear me,

it is not in you to quit.