Things I Miss About My Childhood

I Wish I Could Build A Time Machine So I Can Relive Believing In Santa And 49 Other Things I'm Nostalgic About

Is there any way I can just travel back in time and not have to grow up?

37

I may be 21 and considered an adult, but I can't help but wish sometimes that I could go back to being a kid. Let's be honest though, don't we all? Here's a list of what I miss about the good ol' days!

1. Laying in grass

2. Visiting an ice cream truck during the summer

3. Believing in Santa Claus

4. Nap time

5. Having recess at school

6. Eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

7. Not having to pick out my own clothes

8. Going trick-or-treating on Halloween

9. Not having any responsibilities

10. Going to the park to play fetch with our dog

11. Doing lemonade stands to make money

12. Jumping on the trampoline in our backyard

13. Going fishing and camping at grandpa's house

14. Making a bonfire and then enjoying s'mores

15. Going to Blockbuster on Friday nights to pick out a movie

16. Visiting pet stores to see all the animals

17. Making cookies at grandma's house

18. Going back to school shopping to get all new supplies

19. Having snack time in school and socializing with friends

20. Waking up on the weekends and watching Spongebob

21. Trading food from your lunchbox with other kids at school

22. Going to YMCA summer camps

23. Barely having any homework

24. Sidewalk chalk

25. Whoopee cushions 

26. Hide and go seek

27. Having my twin brother as my partner in crime

28. Eating lunchables

29. Drinking Nesquik chocolate milk

30. Doing Easter egg hunts

31. Watching movies on VHS tapes

32. Raking leaves then getting to jump in the pile afterwards

33. Climbing trees

34. Coming home after school and raiding the kitchen

35. Catching fireflies

36. Playing outside until dinner was ready

37. Lava lamps

38. Stuffed animals

39. Being carefree

40. Jumping into rain puddles

41. Making sand castles at the beach

42. My mom bringing me egg drop soup when I was sick

43. Actually being excited for my birthday

44. Playing with Nerf guns

45. Getting a McDonald's kids meal

46. Having snacks after sports games

47. Blowing bubbles

48. Playing in the pool

49. Staying up past your bedtime

50. Having endless amounts of fun

Maybe all good things do come to an end after all or maybe the good times are really just about to begin. Even though I often think about my childhood memories, I am excited to start the next part of my life that we call adulthood. I look forward to seeing what this new chapter has in store for me but I will also never forget the childhood that shaped me into who I am today.