9 Things Kids From Chicago's North Shore Miss When They Go To School

Because it's hard living without deep dish pizza, cake shakes and bacon lorettas.
125

Going to school far away from home is hard. Especially when you have to leave all your favorite foods, favorite places, and best friend (my dog). There is nowhere like the North Shore and everybody misses these things when they're gone at college for a long time.

1. Portillo's

I'm not sure if I miss their cake shake, cheese fries, Chicago dog, or Italian beef sandwich more.

2. Lou Malnati's

There is no deep dish pizza that can even compare to Lou's. I considered having my mom ship me their frozen pizzas in a temperature controlled box.

3. HVAC

4. Old Orchard

They have Lulu, Nordstrom, Victorias Secret, Akira, Sephora, and Bloomies. What more would you need?

5. Their Dogs

Because everyone misses their doggies.

6. Sarkis Bacon Lorreta and Cheesy Hash

This is always my first stop after I'm gone for a long time. It's addicting and everyone knows it.

7. Their Parents Money

People in the North Shore are spoiled and going to college without your parents to make you dinner every night or give you money is hard.

8. Greater's, Homer's and Oberweis

9. Foodstuffs Salad Bar

10. Close Proximity To Concerts And Music Festivals