5 Norse Gods Whose Tinder Profiles You Should Swipe Right On

What’s sexier than a man who slays a legendary wolf monster in the name of his father? Yeah, nothing!

289
Ancient Origins

Here is a list of five gods from Norse mythology who I personally think you should swipe right on if you ever come across their Tinder profiles!

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion and does not discredit the attractiveness of other Norse gods in mythos.

1. Vidar

Vidar, also known as Vithar or Vioarr, is the son of Odin and a giantess named Grior. Vidar is best known for avenging the death of Odin who was devoured by the great wolf, Fenrir. What’s sexier than a man who slays a legendary wolf monster in the name of his father? Yeah, nothing!

He is also known as “the Silent God” so if you’re looking for a strong silent type with a wolf head mounted on the wall of his living room, Vidar is the god for you. Plus, he is said to be equally as strong as Thor, God of Thunder and Lightning. He definitely does not skip leg day!

2. Heimdall

Heimdall is the guardian of Asgard, home of the gods. He is characterized by his incredibly protective nature and is the kind of man who knows how to make you feel secure. He has his own apartment called Himinbjorg, which resides on Bifrost, the rainbow that bridges Midgard and Asgard. Safe to say, the view from his bedroom is incredible! It's basically the Norse equivalent of New York City's Upper East Side.

He was born to Odin and seven of Odin’s wives, meaning Heimdall definitely is a mama’s boy. There is nothing more precious than a man who has his own place and who loves his mother!

3. Freyr

Freyr is the kind of god you would want to take home to your family. As the god of peace, he is the perfect nice guy to have a fun day out with and being the god of sunshine too, he has the kind of tan you can’t get out of a bottle.

Freyr owns a ship called Skidbladnir which makes casual Sunday yachting easy-peasy. He likes to take leisurely drives through town in his chariot drawn by a pack of boars because anyone can drive a Maserati but a real man rides in his own unique style.

As an all-around nice guy who can guarantee you sunny days and stylish transportation, Freyr definitely turns heads when he walks into a room!

4. Baldr

Baldr has been regarded as one of the most beautiful gods of all. As the son of Odin and Frigg, Baldr is beloved by gods, goddesses, and mortals alike! He is known as being a fair-spoken and gentle being who represents light and purity. Like Freyr, Baldr owns his own shipped called Hringhorni and so pleasant days on the water could be in your future. He is also the god of fertility, so if children are what you want, children are what you’ll have!

Just don’t mention mistletoe around him. It’s a sore subject!

5. Tyr

If you’re seeking someone with a brave and heroic mindset, I recommend you take a look at Tyr. As the god of war and justice, Tyr has been regarded as the bravest of all the gods.

Tyr is best known for his involvement in binding Fenrir. The gods feared Fenrir’s growth in power, and so they went to him and offered to tie him up with rope as a game—gods liked weird games. Suspicious, Fenrir said that he would only agree to be tied up if one of the gods would put their hand in his mouth as an offering of goodwill and to ensure that he would have leverage to get out of the bindings. None of the gods were willing to do so since they knew Fenrir would get angry and bite down once he realized that he couldn’t get out of the bindings. Tyr was the only god willing to put his hand in the beast's mouth, and ultimately lost his hand in order to make sure that Fenrir would remain bound.

Just, brave, and badass enough to shove his hand in Fenrir's mouth, I think Tyr would be fun to talk with over a candlelit supper.