There Is No Such Thing As "Fair"

Life Is Not And Never Will Be 'Fair', And That's Just The Way It Is

Society strives to tell us that we are in a fair environment when this simply is not the case.

72
https://unsplash.com/photos/fzOITuS1DIQ

I think our society has become so fixated on this idea that we want everything in life to be "fair". It's just simply not a concept that is feasible.

And before you all come crashing down on me like a ton of bricks – hear me out.

Even before when we enter the world, things are not fair. As a fetus developing in your mother's womb, things are not fair. Every womb is different. Some inherit diseases before even taking their first real breath. Some mothers do not take the proper measures necessary for carrying a child.

While I do believe that living in a household where your parents are living in an unhealthy and toxic marriage negatively effects wellbeing, it is statistically proven that children who live in an environment with both their parents on the scene perform much better than those children with only one parent. This applies to a child's behavior and even their health.

Socioeconomic status is a huge factor to consider here. Money doesn't always equal happiness, but it does give you stability. Are your parents supporting your every need? Or does your support system not have the financial means to aid you?

Emotional wellbeing is a contributing issue that is not giving the prevalence that it deserves. Mental health, and ensuring that a person is supported emotionally, are definitely stepping stones to success.

Fast forward many years. Children do not attend the same schools. They are being exposed to different education systems with varied resources. Even within the public school system, some are much better performing than others. This is another example of unfairness.

Furthermore, the school that you attend can have detrimental effects on your future decisions. If your school invests time and money and patience in a student, they are naturally more inclined to further their education.

I feel that it is important to highlight that this is no one's fault specifically. This is a complex issue, and it is the way it is.

We all have the right to be equals, but it just does not always happen.

Some are just more privileged than others. It is no one's fault, but to preach that the world is a fair place is just an incorrect notion that society must accept and embrace, and make the proper adjustments to ensure that these children are not forgotten about, but rather accommodations are made to better support them so that we can all run along the road of equality.