No Strings Attached When He Saved My Soul

Perhaps this is the moment for which you have been created. Ester 4:14
32

Some of you may recognize the title of this article from the popular song The God I Know by Love & The Outcome. I heard this song for the first time this week and quickly became obsessed. This specific verse spoke volumes to me, “no strings attached when He saved my soul; I want you to know the God I know.” It made me think about how God truly saves our souls with no attachments. No haggles, no jokes, no gimmicks, just simply for the fact that He loves us. How beautiful is that?

He foresaw my every fall, my every sin, my every backsliding; yet, nevertheless, fixed His heart upon me.

I know that sometimes we feel undeserving of God’s endless love for us. But just because we feel that way does not mean that God does as well. We are God’s precious children and that is why He has an endless amount of love to give to us. He has a plan for each and every one of us, no matter what the situation may be just keep pressing forward. One day, you will look back and say with confidence, “this is why God put me here.”

The above verse carries weight, right? I mean really let that sink in. You have been created for a specific moment. God created a moment just for you to carry out the purpose that He has planned for your life. Wow. This could be your moment; you could even have multiple moments that were created for you. Sometimes all that God is truly asking for is a willing heart. So, whatever the circumstance, whatever the struggle, God has a plan to use the gifts that you have for the works of His kingdom.

“But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace.” Romans 11:6

God provides us with an endless amount of love and grace. He knows that we will fall, stumble and backslide because we are merely human. We cannot handle this life on our own, we need God. Luckily, His love has no strings attached. His word tells us that His love will set us free, and it truly does.

“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.” Titus 2:11-14

So take heart when times are tough or you think that you aren’t moving forward. Because the God who made everything is working in your life and will never fail you.

Cover Image Credit: https://www.google.com/search?q=Girl+flowers+flickr&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=667&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwizzo--5ojPAhWFNT4KHXFYBwkQ_AUIBigB#tbs=isz:lt,islt:svga&tbm=isch&q=girl+flowers&chips=q:girls+flowers,g_8:love&imgrc=2QDBFln9mb3ZVM%3A