To The Girl Who Does Not Have A Plan; It Is Okay
Education

To The Girl Who Does Not Have A Plan, You Can Plan On Being Just Fine

Take your time.

89
https://www.pexels.com/photo/person-holding-pen-and-planner-1898291/

I grew up expecting to have a plan for anything and everything. What sports I wanted to play in high school, where I was going to go to college after high school, what I wanted to study in college, you get the picture. I saw all of my friends putting together plans and in the famous words from Friends I realized that I didn't even have a pla.

It was my junior year of high school and all of my friends thought that I had a plan put together. They thought that I knew what I wanted to do after high school and thought I knew how what I was going to study when I went to college. There is a keyword in that last sentence though, thought.

I thought that fooling my friends into thinking that I had my life figured out was making me look calm and collected; which it did! A lot of my friends were asking me how I was so acting so calm with all that I had going on and at the moment I felt so cool. At the end of the day I may have fooled my friends but I was really only fooling myself.

A few years after high school I saw all of my friends and some people I went to high school with getting their life together and they all had this huge life plan set for them. I'm not going to lie; I got pretty envious because I still had zero idea what I was doing. It didn't take me until I turned 22 to realize what I wanted to do.

The older I got I came to the realization that it was okay for me to not have everything planned out the moment I graduated high school. It was okay for me not to know what I wanted to study and pursue in college. And it was definitely okay to not be calm and collected all of the time.

Now, I'm not saying that it is okay for you to just not have a goal or do nothing for the rest of your life. But it is okay to not know exactly what you will be studying the moment you sign up for classes. It's scary not knowing what is going to happen in the future but it is okay to not have a plan right after you graduate from high school or have a plan of what career you want to pursue while you're finishing up your pre-reqs for classes.

I thought that not having a plan meant that I was a loser and that I was going to go nowhere in life. That is so far from the truth. You can have a goal set and not necessarily have a plan.

I knew that I wanted to do something in the medical field but I did not have a plan set in motion right after high school. I truly did not have a plan set in motion until I turned 23. Which is perfectly okay.

Take your time figuring out what your plan is. Set your goal and dream big. Just because all of your friends have plans doesn't mean you have to. As long as you are true to yourself and true to others; your plan will be great whenever you figure it out.