5 Things No One Wants To Hear On Thanksgiving

"Isn't that your fourth plate?"

109
goodhousekeeping // Instagram

Thanksgiving may be the best holiday we celebrate. It's a day to reconnect with family, watch some football, and most importantly, stuff our faces with grandma's best cooking. Here are some things no one want to hear on Thanksgiving.

1. *Eats one plate* "Ugh, I'm so full."

Mcscuse me? Grandma did not put her blood, sweat, and tears into those mashed potatoes for you to eat a children's size portion.

2. "Isn't that your fourth plate?"

If I want to eat my body weight in cream corn, I will!

3 "The food isn't done yet."

Nothing hurts more than those simple five words. The ten extra minutes you have to wait to eat feel like ten years.

4. "There's no more pie."

It's almost like your whole world comes crashing down. No more pie?! How else am I going to top off my previous three plates of food? I waited for a half an hour to give my belly time to prepare for another dish. I'll settle for peanut butter cookies, but I am not happy about it.

5. "I'm dieting."

Number one rule of dieting around thanksgiving: don't talk about dieting around thanksgiving. Not only are you going to get dirty looks, but you're going to make everyone rethink that second piece of pie. Listen, diets aren't valid on Thanksgiving. Your meal can count toward your next three cheat days. The gym is there for you tomorrow.