No One Is Going Nuts Over Anything
Politics

No One Is Going Nuts Over Anything

Believe it or not, we were actually able to stay calm for a whole day.

179
https://www.pexels.com/photo/adult-air-beautiful-beauty-321576/

Every minute of every day we are bombarded by news bulletins about the latest controversy or scandal that's swept the nation. One minute there's a new celebrity being burned at the stake or online Twitter battles about some inane thing that people will forget about within a few hours. None of us have been able to catch a break, and it seems like ever since Trump took office, everyone's been upset about something. However, this past weekend, the world was singing a different tune for the first time in what feels like forever.

We all woke up last Saturday to the chirping of birds outside our window, which was weird, because some places don't have any native songbirds. Our morning could only be described as a Disney princess'. Our skin was clear and we felt refreshed and hydrated. All sadness had dissipated from our mind, and all we could think of was how we were going to send out positive energy into the world. What would this beautiful day have in store for us? Our day continued like this. No one was stressed or anxious or angry about anything. It was...odd. There were no fights on social media, no sad news and no complaining.

However, as soon as Saturday passed, we were all back to our old, grouchy selves. Everything was as it has always been. Upon being asked what caused this strange phenomenon, scientists simply laughed, shook their heads and whispered collectively in a hushed voice "Aliens." Regardless of the cause, I think all of us are grateful for the one day of peace that our alien overlords allowed us to have.

*Disclaimer: This is a joke/satire. Everyone knows that world peace, even for a day, is the stuff of science fiction.*