No More Excuses. Start Your Travels.

No More Excuses. Start Your Travels.

Here are my top five places to travel on a budget over summer break

11
No More Excuses. Start Your Travels.

Summer is a time to sit back and relax after a long, trying semester. I am the kind of girl who just wants to curl up in her bed and read, or watch Netflix all day long. However, this summer, I encourage all of you college kids to mix it up. Instead of binge watching Friends or Dexter, start looking for places to travel. Think traveling is too expensive? Think again! For all the travelers at heart, here is a list of places to go and still have money left in your wallet, for your fall semester booze budget.

• 1. Amsterdam is high on most students' travel lists of places to visit. Not only is it one of the most beautiful cities, but hotels are only around $90 / night. They also have great bed and breakfast style hotels, and places where you can stay the night in dorm-like rooms. Even better, according to Hotwire's website, the average cost of a round-trip airfare from the U.S. to the Netherlands has dropped 6 percent from this time in 2011. Even though food can be expensive, Amsterdam offers many outdoor, free activities in the summer.
  • 2. Thailand is one of the cheapest countries to visit according to Elite Daily and The Huffington Post. Thailand's tourism has significantly decreased in the last decade so they are trying to attract more tourism with new facilities, revamping cities, and providing more day-trip attractions for all. Hotels range from $30-$50 a night, and hostels are even cheaper than that.
  • 3.Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Camping there is extremely safe and beautiful, situated by hot springs and mountains. If camping is not for you, the towns surrounding the entrances to the park have cheap motels and hotels. The entrance pass to get into the park is around $25, and many activities are affordable as well.
  • 4. Anchorage, Alaska is amazing to travel to during the summer. The weather is extremely tolerable and airfare is only around $400. Their bus system is great and it is a cheap way to get around the bustling city. Alaska's metropolis boasts a plethora of attractions, including museums, shops, nightlife venues, and a fantastic zoo. Also, fishing, skiing, hiking, and canoeing are also wonderful things to add to your to do list.
  • 5.Fiji is the place to go, if you are into beaches and sun. People think of Fiji as an expensive vacation, but most hotels range from $80-$120 a night. You can stay in hostels and all-inclusive local guesthouses for around $30 a night. All of the beaches are free and food is not as expensive as the more popular island destinations such as Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Transportation around the island is also inexpensive.

You can't go wrong with any of these destinations, and now you can't use the excuse that traveling is too expensive. Do your homework, travel light, and you will find great deals that can save you hundreds. If you look into local deals and plan ahead, you won't break the bank when you're traveling around the country or the world.