Why This Girl Is On Fire

Why This Girl Is On Fire

I am fallin’ in and out of love with Alicia Keys #NoMakeup Movement

16
Why This Girl Is On Fire
gabworthy

“Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful” – Sophia Loren

Beauty has always been an ambiguous subject in our society. Some people say that a woman is beautiful when she has a pretty face. Other argue that beauty comes within and that to be truly beautiful a woman has to have a pretty mind, heart and soul. But what does it really mean to be beautiful?

I honestly think that the majority of us believe that a woman is considered beautiful when she has a pretty face. This belief was encrypted in our minds by our society. Beautiful is defined as pleasing the senses or mind aesthetically and has for synonyms adjectives such as attractive, pretty and good-looking. We tend to teach our girls directly or indirectly that they have to be pretty. If you are pretty you are going to make a lot of friends. If you are pretty you will be more successful. And if you are not pretty it is not a problem because makeup was invented to cover up all of your flaws. With all this pressure some women believe that they are not pretty if they are not wearing makeup. It is not their fault because society pressure them to cover up on a daily basis. Fortune reported in May that women who spend time doing their makeup and hair earn more in the workplace. It is truly sad to think that in our modern era a woman will get paid more simply because she is more attractive than her coworkers.

Recently, this makeup mania just got worse. Now you have 13 years old that look like they are 20. You have women drawing fake abs, toned legs, toned arms and even appearing to have a bigger breast thanks to makeup. Our society needed an intervention and Alicia Keys nomakeup movement is the perfect remedy to this craziness. The singer started the movement back in May 2016 when she decided to go completely makeup free. She noted that she felt liberated to rock simple look and found it refreshing to show her true color. And No One can tell her that she does not look beautiful without makeup. Of course because this is a free country and that we have to be mad about everything, people started criticizing her action. Honestly how dare she feel confident enough to walk around without MAC all over her face. How dare she feel beautiful without makeup. How dare she walk on the red carpet without makeup? It is simply unacceptable. She knows that it is written in the Bible of the VMAs (and of all awards ceremony) that you have to do your makeup to please your fans and without it you are simply awful.

Fortunately, more and more women are finding themselves attracted to this movement and decide to go makeup free occasionally (what is contouring and highlighting?). There is nothing wrong with wearing makeup but baby girl when you wake up in the morning and take a look in a mirror you have to say wassup wassup and tell yourself how beautiful you are! Challenge yourself, go one day without wearing makeup and embrace your natural beauty!