No, It Has Never Been YOU

No, It Has Never Been YOU

I don't know what it is you're believing in, but it sure isn't the truth.

539
No, It Has Never Been YOU
Faith McDonald

You know how they say, "It's you, it's always been you," well I hate to break it to you dear, but it has NEVER been you. You had his attention for a split second, and I don't know what it is you're believing in, but it sure isn't the truth.

You may think about him, but I can promise you he isn't thinking about you. I know you wait by the phone for a call, a text, anything, but doesn't the waiting get exhausting? Nothing is going to come, I can promise you that. You have some old text messages, while I've got a ring.

Anything you thought you were, was a lie. I could never imagine wanting to be someone's secret something, so I really do pity you for longing for that life. But no matter how sad it is, it isn't going to change until you move on.

You're gorgeous, I'll admit it. You could probably have any man you tried for, the issue though is you want what's MINE and that's the one thing you're not going to get. To quote Mrs. Loretta Lynn, "You ain't woman enough to take my man."

So while you're sitting around waiting for MY future to choose you, he's laying next to me, explaining how little you matter to him. He may have done a double take when he saw you, but I'm the one who has his heart. Move on, find your own happiness, it's out there I promise, but it isn't with the man whose ring I'm wearing.