Best YouTube Fitness Channels

Throughout the school year, it seems like I have no time to actually hit the gym and workout. And when I do have the time, I definitely do not want to spend it anywhere else but my room doing nothing.

So when the summer hits and I'm no longer taking classes and working, but just working, my schedule clears up big time. And I find a good way to pass the time (and obviously as a way to stay active and healthy) is working out.

Unfortunately, I don't have a gym membership anywhere and I've found that going running at a park or on a trail gets old really fast, and it can be unbearable with the humidity that comes with summer weather in PA. So recently I've been looking up at-home workouts on YouTube, and I found that they not only work really well for me but are actually fun to do.

So if you're anything like me and want to work out and get healthy during the summer but have a lack of resources, look no further than these 5 fitness channels all available on YouTube.

1. POPSUGAR Fitness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Z91y8n6tk

Hopefully, we all know Popsugar as the celebrity and entertainment media group. Surprisingly, they also have a fitness channel that is filled with workouts, fitness tutorials, and other exercises that can help you towards living a healthier lifestyle. Hosted by Anna Renderer, POPSUGAR Fitness has all types of workout tutorials for any difficulty level available for you to try in the comfort of your own home.

You can find her on YouTube here.

2. superherofitnesstv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhUP6FQj3t4

Whoever said working out had to be boring? superherofitnesstv is run by Keaira LaShae and is one of the most fun channels I have come across. This is because LaShae's channel is filled with dance workouts that aid in the development of the core muscle groups, such as abs and glutes, but can also empower you and teach you dance moves that you can take to any party.

My favorite is her Hip-Hop Tabata Dance Workout! You can find her on YouTube here.

3. TurboJam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wul9E4_taJ8&list=PLoW_gvV0OchXI0HA2L_y6x-HXaVErTrg0&index=1

TurboJam has been around for a while, but I recently found a lot of the workout videos available on YouTube. Chalene Johnson is the instructor and has videos for cardio, muscle sculpting, and kick boxing, and that's just to name a few. She is most well known for her 60-day fitness plan and her Beachbody plan, and she is able to show quick results with her workouts. She's fun and energetic, and you definitely build up a sweat anytime you follow her lead.

You can find the TurboJam playlist here or buy her DVDs on Amazon here.

4. Jeannette Jenkins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zem0_qsDg0

Jeannette Jenkins is an amazing fitness coach who is the founder of the Hollywood Trainer fitness club. She has some killer workouts available on her YouTube channel that will definitely leave you sweaty and sore the next day. Her YouTube is mostly shorter videos that will give you ideas on how to exercise and build up your own fitness plan.

You can find her on YouTube here or you can download her videos or purchase them for shipping here. You can also find some featured videos available on POPSUGAR Fitness!

5. FitnessBlender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vve4BVTZ0QU

FitnessBlender has over 550 full-length workout videos available on their YouTube channel. It's fun, it's free, and has a variety of workouts available for any fitness level and difficulty type. Run by Kelli and Daniel Segars, you'll never be at a loss for a great workout with these two available at your disclosure.

You can find them on YouTube here.

And this is only to name a few of the great workout videos available on YouTube! There are hundreds and hundreds more available at your fingertips (so, unfortunately, there really isn't an excuse to not workout anymore). Check these guys out and you'll be healthier and happier in no time.