New Years Resolutions

2020 Doesn't Want Your Failed, Leftover 2019 Resolutions, So Get To Work

Change doesn't happen with a ball drop, it happens with you.

43
https://unsplash.com/photos/lJt-3NUFng4

All of us know what it's like to be asked what our New Years resolutions are every January 1st.

We are usually excited to list out all of the promises and goals we have made for ourselves. We're always looking forward to becoming the person we have dreamed about being. With the New Year acting as a fresh start, we're eager to become that person immediately.

Unfortunately, most of us give up on our resolutions by February. Change takes time and it isn't realistic to expect that change to happen as soon as the ball drops on New Year's Eve.

In 2019, finally challenge yourself.

Simply making resolutions is not enough. Acting on them is what takes time and commitment.

When you fail (and you will fail), pick yourself back up and start over. Don't choose to wait until the following New Year to try again or else you may never see those changes happen.

The New Year gives you a reason to get motivated to make changes in your life. Staying motivated is up to you.

Now that you have a list of what you want to see done in your life since 2019 just started, keep it somewhere safe. Keep it somewhere where you can check back in on it at the end of every month or so.

Make sure that you are on the right track to your goals and reassess what needs to be done in your life throughout the year.

2019 is a blank chapter in the book of your life. You have the power to make a real difference this year.

Don't bring the burden of another failed resolution into 2020. Bring the best version of yourself to the next New Year.