37 Things We All Do In Class Rather Than Pay Attention

37 Things We All Shamelessly Do In Class Rather Than Pay Attention

No one has time to actually listen to their professor.

27

If you're like me, then you're the one person who can't pay attention in class for anything. Sometimes I go on my phone/laptop and before I know it, the whole class is over. It literally flew by. For those of you hating on me, guess what? I hate me too. However, I think the worst part is that I still manage to pass my classes so in my mind it's okay. My laptop is my greatest friend and my worst enemy. I use it to take notes but because I have it readily accessible, I find myself getting distracted and doing anything but taking notes.

If you do these things, I guess we can suffer together.

1. Text.

This applies only to people with a Mac (because everybody who doesn't have a Mac is lame). I'm that girl who makes all those insane keyboard clicking noises in class while texting and not actually taking notes. Sorry not sorry.

2. Go on Facebook.

Facebook is the love of my life. The possible are endless on Facebook. One second I'm reading an article about how a man killed his neighbor, the next second I'm watching a Tastemade video, and all of a sudden I'm watching clips of "The Big Bang Theory."

3. Scroll through Twitter.

I guess you can say I'm addicted to social media. I'll go on Twitter during class and just send a bunch of tweets to my friends.

4. Check emails.

Emails are important. I honestly think I check my email more than I check any of my social media.

5. See how long you can hold your breath.

One minute. How about you?

6. Clean your shoes.

I can't focus on my professor but I can focus on getting that one brown spot out of my Adidas.

7. Google random shit.

Because why would I pay attention in a class I paid $700 for right?

8. Pay my rent.

I've done it. I've been there. Rent is more important than school right..? I wouldn't want to get evicted or anything because then how would I attend my school?

9. Work on other assignments.

I am so guilty of this and I'm not ashamed. It's almost as if you're killing two birds with one stone!

10. Doodle.

Why take notes when I can draw a picture of a princess riding a crocodile in the ocean wearing a parka?

11. Watch Netflix.

Alright guys, I promise that I have never stooped this low but I know other people have.

12.  Use the paint app on your computer.

It's like doodling... but on the computer. Genius.

13.  Go online shopping.

I have done this before and I 10/10 recommend. You may not have learned anything but yay for new clothes/objects right?

14.  Play solitaire. 

Or literally any other game.

15.  Avoid eye-contact with the teacher asks the class a question.

Oh what was that professor? Sorry, I was too busy playing MASH on my phone for the 900th time.

16.  Sleep.

We all have to get our beauty sleep sometime don't we?

17.  Pick off all your nail polish or fake nails.

I know you girls feel me on this. We leave class and have to grab the fat pile to put in the trash. And for those of you who think this is gross... you're right.

18.  Study for an exam.

Every minute counts.

19.  Send out snap streaks.

Yes, this is as pointless as out think it is.

20.  Eat.

We love food. Food is good. Food is great. Food help brain go fast.

21.  Organize your computer files.

There is no time like the present to delete unwanted files and sort everything into folders.

22.  Read a book.

I hate to say that I'm guilty of this but I am. Sometimes a book is so good that you can't stop.

23.  Stare at the teacher and zone off.

Ha, I bet you thought I was going to say stare at the teacher and pay attention. Alas, we sit there and think about 500 different scenarios that won't happen but it's good to be prepared!

24.  Give yourself a tattoo.

It's doodling... on yourself! Forget the paper and forget the computer, this is 10x better.

25.  Drink your coffee.

I'm sorry professor, I can only focus on one thing at a time. I was too busy drinking my grande non-fat latte in a venti cup with extra ice.

26.  Listening to music.

To those of you who are brave enough to have earphones in while your professor is lecturing, you have balls. I have never done this and I will not.

27.  Stalk celebrities.

Kim Kardashian did what?

28.  Plan out our schedule for the rest of the week.

I may not be paying attention but at least I'm productive.

29.  Look up your horoscope.

And your friends. And your moms. And your boyfriend/girlfriend.

30.  Play Free Rice.

If you don't know what I'm talking about then shame on you.

31.  Figure out you want to eat once class is over.

Not paying attention really made me hungry.

32.  Book a flight somewhere.

School won't get in the way of me planning my Spring Break.

33.  Watch cute dog videos on Youtube.

I am obsessed with dogs and I am not ashamed.

34.  Think about working out and then laugh.

I am not a gym person but I like to think that if I really wanted to, I would.

35.  Consider 50 different ways to call off of work later.

If I can't even pay attention in class, how am I supposed to work?

36.  Dream about Happy Hour.

It could be a Monday and I will still think about the bliss of Happy Hour. Why? Because then I don't have to pay attention in class.

37.  Cry.

You could cry because you're not paying attention in class. Or for literally any other reason.