Nine Reminders We Need To Hear Everyday

Nine Reminders We Need To Hear Everyday

Let me grab a Post-it!
11

I watched the movie Priceless, which is a movie made by the two brothers that make up the Christian duo "For King and Country". It was about human worth, especially of women. It is a great message that everyone needs to hear, but it also was a great reminder for me. It made me think about more than one thing. In this crazy society of ours, we let many things slip our minds. We get wrapped up in so many aspects of life that don't even matter. So I put together a list of daily reminders that we all need to hear.

1. You are priceless and have so much worth.

We often forget how much worth we have due to media and society telling us otherwise. Know your worth. Know you are worth so much more than the number on the scale, your likes on Insta, or your friends on Facebook. There is so much more to us!

2. Joy comes in the morning.

Each day is a new day. There are new chances, new moments, and new opportunities. You can start again. Hang on until tomorrow! Tomorrow is a new day!

3. Things are just things.

This one is the biggest reminders I need. We have all been in that situation in which we ruin our favorite pair of jeans or snag our new scarf. But it's just a thing. There are so many more important things in life than THINGS. In those moments where we lose or ruin our favorite items, we have to remember how insignificant it truly is. It makes life so much easier.

4. Forgiveness is always the better option.

Getting hurt is never fun. What is worse is holding a grudge and nursing anger. It really only hurts one's self. The other person most likely has no idea about your feelings or thinks that the situation is settled. Forgive, even if you can't physically tell the person. And always forgive yourself. Grace is the ultimate gift that we need to show ourselves and others.

5. Don't take life too seriously!

Now obviously there is a time and place where laughter isn't appropriate. (I wrote an article about my laughing problems.) What I don't regret is all the time I have spent laughing with friends, family, and at myself when I am in a stressful situation or just being silly.

6. It's okay to fail.

And believe me, I have. That is somewhat why I changed my major and why my GPA got a little messed up my sophomore year of college. BUT that is the point! All of these things were minor setbacks. Now in hindsight, they are barely minor bumps in a beautiful road.

7. Choose joy!

Let's be honest. Most of us enjoy wallowing in pity or anger whenever those feelings set in. We have to remember that joy is a choice and that we can choose the path we walk upon. When we are angry, jealous, etc. it only hurts ourselves. So choose joy! (and forgiveness as mentioned above)

8. YOU ARE LOVED!

You are loved! End of story! You are loved by God and plenty of people. Even if it doesn't always feel like it!

9. Don't compare yourself to others!

This is so important because 1) you will never be the other person, 2) it just perpetuates self-loathing, jealousy, and anger, and 3) you are amazing at being you! When we start to build others up instead of tearing ourselves down by comparing ourselves to other, there is more love in the world! There is love for ourselves and others! And that is the best! You also have to realize that the things you don't possess or the things you want that others have are probably the things they don't like or there are things you have that they want. The point is that you are amazing just as you are! Don't let anyone else make you feel any less!