Nine Irritating Things That Guys Don't Understand

Things can get difficult!

25
Body Hacks

I've been seeing quite a few articles about "Ten things that guys don't have to do" or "Ten things that only make sense if you're a girl." I thought that all sounded like fun so I decided to write this! A list of ten really irritating things that mostly only girls have to deal with.

1) Straight Up Murder

Women get murdered SO much! Sheryl WuDunn and Nicholas Kristof published in their book 'Half The Sky, Turning Oppression Into Opportunity For Women Worldwide' that "More girls are killed in this routine gendercide in any one decade than people were slaughtered in all the genocides of the 20th century. " Every prom season, there seems to be at least two or three new stories of girls who turned someone down and got stabbed or shot as a consequence.

2) Being Set On Fire

There is a long history of women being burnt alive! It really all began in the 1600's with women being burnt at the stake because some dudes thought that they were witches. This trend disappeared for a while, then reappeared and stuck around. To this day, women are being doused in gasoline when they turn down proposals, accept proposals, fail to produce a male heir, or do basically anything else that men decide they want to punish them for.

2) Rape

While sexual assault absolutely does happen to people of all genders and sexes, women are far more likely to be assaulted. Outside of prison and the military, a grown man really doesn't ever have to worry about being raped. Men certainly don't have to worry about someone drugging their drink or making sure to be back from the library before the campus gets dark. Guys just don't understand how much of a drag this is!

3)Policing Of Bodily Autonomy

From the people waiting outside of planned parenthood to the comments of 'whore' underneath a woman's swimsuit selfie, nothing that woman does with her body is considered to be her own business. Drunk women are encouraged to flash their breasts on spring break but are made to nurse their children in tiny bathroom stalls. They get yelled at out of cars and followed down the street. All of these actions are deliberate attempts to make women feel like they aren't in control of their own bodies. Give us a break here fellas!

5) Health Issues Put On The Back Burner

Medical issues that disproportionately affect women are given far less concern, funding, and time. In addition to this, there are also dozens of studies that tell us that doctors often view women's reports of their pain to be exaggerated and are less likely to prescribe painkillers. Subsequently, the vast majority of people living with chronic pain are women.

6) Beauty Standards

Yes, there are beauty standards for men. But these standards are not even remotely similar to the ones that exist for women. The makeup industry is run almost exclusively by males and pulls in billions of dollars Common sense media published a survey in 2015 reported more than 80% of ten-year-old girls had been on a diet.

7) Allocation Of Resources

All across the globe, families are that cannot afford to give all of their children something will give it to the boys before they do the girls. If people are forced to choose between their children, they usually choose males. This is shown by the rates of sex-selective abortion and infanticide and the fact that women are four times more likely to die of malnutrition worldwide. The most blatant and widespread example of this is quite possibly the results of China's one-child rule. In 2012 the Chinese government estimated that there were 40 million more men than women living in China.

8) Wage Gap

We know women are paid less for the same job. But did you also know that predominantly female fields of work, on the whole, make far less money than jobs that are seen as typically male? In fact, psychology became a less prestigious field because of a number of women who joined. The field of therapy and psychology now pays significantly less than it used to!

9) Gaslighting

The word 'gaslighting' comes from a play about a man who dims all the (gas) lamps in his house and then insists that nothing has changed when his wife brings it up. Over the course of time, he manages to convince her that she is insane. We see this sort of thing over and over and over again. A man implying that your emotions or anger are a product of PMS is an example of gaslighting. A man calling his girlfriend 'crazy' when she is assertive with him or expresses her emotions is an example of gaslighting. ALL girls can understand this!

So there you have it! A list of nine problems that girls have that boys just don't understand!