The Nightmare Before Christmas Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Review

Masterpiece Within Itself

24
The Nightmare Before Christmas Review
The Nightmare Before Christmas Wiki

The Nightmare Before Christmas is a movie that set trends throughout its time, taking years to make, simply because each scene was created and moved inch by inch throughout the movie. In 1993, Tim Burton's creation came alive and with it the birth of a wonderful movie, still watched and enjoyed today. Personally, I am biased toward the movie, with the wonderful songs that carry the plotline, great background into his characters and the way he connects his movies through the likeness all of his work shares. The songs created to describe the emotion of the characters without them having to jump out and say it might be one of the reasons why people keep coming back to rewatch the movie. The songs are played all throughout Christmas and Halloween and recognized everywhere. Burton’s characters are odd, to say the least, with their unusually shaped bodies, they are made to look as if they live certain holidays for 365 days a year. Even though they are odd, they share all of the same feelings that people can connect with in movies. The feeling of passion for something you love, losing that passion throughout time, friendship and love on all different levels. Each emotion that is created and represented by the characters is a true human emotion that everyone can relate to. The plot line is beautiful to say the least and widely passed over as the fans view it. The Nightmare Before Christmas has the plotline of a man who is tired of his same old life. Spending year after year planning and getting ready for Halloween he is bored and wishes to explore the other options within his field. Traveling to Christmas Town where he finds his true passions, throughout the movie making mistakes but always having his friends there to guide him through. The simple plot could actually show a secret window into Burton’s emotions as well. All of Burton’s movies share the same style. The characters hold the same shape even though some of them have more skin than others. There are many ways that they could be connected throughout them all. Such as the Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Both sharing a deceased dog, as well as girl and man who have to face the task of the movie together. It could be said by many that the two characters who met in the Corpse Bride could have moved to Halloween Town once the male lead passed as Emily did in the movie. Might be a reach but it is hard to not see Burton’s style throughout each movie. Creating many other wonderful movies throughout his time it is safe to say that Tim Burton is a household name. Pick up his work sometime so you too can share in the magic that he has created.