How You Know You're a Night Owl

How You Know You're a Night Owl

Hoot, hoot....

35
How You Know You're a Night Owl

Ever since high school, I have had a love/hate relationship with being a night owl. I love it because the nighttime is typically fun and productive (productive as in the fact that I can usually get through half of a Netflix season in one night). The hate part comes the morning/day after I stay up late. The morning is always rough and I feel like I need to sleep for 12+ hours that day to make up for the lost nighttime hours. However, knowing the outcome I often choose to stay up late anyways because there's a sense of peace when everyone in the house is asleep. As someone who likes and needs alone time, I found that 2 A.M. is great for fitting in some "me" time because no one is awake!

Being a night owl means that you get a sudden wave of energy late at night that keeps you up until morning comes and then you feel the urge to drift into sleep. Whether it is because of jet-lag or a new Netflix addiction that you just can't seem to stop watching, here's how you know you're a night owl.

Around 11 P.M. you get a surge of energy and feel like you can start a lifestyle blog, learn a new language, read a book, clean your room, and organize your photos all before morning.

Sometimes, you can actually get a lot of work done late at night

But usually, you'll just end up scrolling through Tumblr or binge-watching a Netflix series.

You've mastered how to silently prepare a late night meal/snack without waking your roommates.

You can perfectly relate to this.

You know your neighborhood schedule and know when lawnmowers, birds, and neighbors will start making noise.

And your brain usually takes this as the cue to try to go to sleep.

But you stay up for another Netflix episode anyways.

You've watched the sunrise way too many times, but still appreciate its beauty every time.

You're usually collapsing onto your bed as you hear your roommates getting ready for their days.

When its time to wake up, you wish you could bend time and give yourself another 12 hours five minutes.

But knowing that you can't go back to sleep you get ready for the day.

This is your mantra.

Your morning friends have already jogged several miles, made a complete breakfast, scrolled through last nights Instagram posts and are ready to leave the house. You, on the other hand, are likely still in bed.

You spend a lot of days exhausted and are easily annoyed by the happy morning-people and day-walkers.

You promise yourself you'll try to get to sleep earlier tomorrow, but the cycle just starts again.

But that's okay, because Netflix will always be there for you.