Night of March/Sea of Galilee

Night of March/Sea of Galilee

A Prayer in the Dark
Drew
Drew
2872

Night of March (A Prayer in the Dark)/Sea of Galilee

The Night overtook me/The Sea consumed me.

I was on my knees on the hard cement/ I was on my knees on the soaked wood.

I was begging You to take this.

I was asking the questions and there were no answers:

“I called out in whispers and tears,

I called out all my fears.

My Mind and heart bittered against one another,

While the soul is hanging on by a tether.

I walked for a good long while,

I must have walked on for a good mile.

Questions, questions in the dark,

Silence, Silence in my heart.

Thud—the answer revealed,

Thud—my mind was sealed.

It seems forever I will say

God, God, please help me.

God, God, please save me, I pray.”

And in the Morning, you shouted across the surface of my soul:

“If I walked the waters of Galilee,

If I calmed the storms of men,

If I split the Red Sea,

Then certainly I can bring you to the shore,

Where joy will overflow and these sorrows will be no more.”

12 Bible Verses For Faith In Hard Times

Remind yourself that God is always with you.
840353

Lately, I have felt lost at what God wants for my life. Ever since I've come back to UWG everything has been horrible. It seems that I can't catch a break. I'm trying my best to focus on school, work, and extracurricular activities. But it's hard when I'm having issues with my apartment/roommates and knowing my family back home is struggling and needs many prayers. All, I keep thinking is maybe Carrollton isn't where I belong anymore. I've asked God if He can guide me in the right direction. Below, I have found Bible verses that have helped get me through these rough, past couple of weeks.

1. Isaiah 43:2

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you."

2. Psalm 37:5

"Commit your way to the Lord. Trust in Him, and He will act."

3. Romans 8:18

"The pain that you've been feeling, can't compare to the joy that's coming."

4. Proverbs 31:25

"She is clothed in strength, and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."

5. Joshua 1:9

"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous."

6. Ecclesiastes 3:1

"There is a time for everything and a reason for every activity under the heavens."

7. Isaiah 41:10

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

8. Isaiah 66:9

"I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born, says the Lord."

9. Psalm 91:4

"He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings, you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

10. Psalm 62:1-2

"My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from Him, He alone is my rock and my salvation."

11. Philippians 4:13

"I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength."

12. Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."