Reasons my Niece is my Best Friend

5 Reasons Why My Niece Is My Absolute Best Friend

After reading this article, you will want to be her best friend, too.

484
Lucy Wright

My niece, Paige, was born with Down Syndrome. While some people would look at this as a burden, my family sees it as a blessing. Paige is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She has opened my eyes to see the world in a whole new way. She helps me to look at the bright side and always see the glass as half full instead of half empty. She is my best friend, side-kick, dance partner, and cuddle buddy all in one, and I could not be more thankful for her. I love her for too many reasons to count, but here are just a few.

She lets me do make-overs on her

Work it!!!

Paige's favorite game to play is dress-up, and I love painting her nails, fixing her hair, and doing her makeup. So it's a win-win situation for us. I love giving Paige make-overs because it gives us time to just chill and have girl talk. Since I've moved away to college, we don't have as much time do these things. Sitting down and doing hair and makeup gives us that time we need to catch up with each other. Even though it is sometimes harder for her to communicate, Paige always has tons to say, and I love hearing all about it.

She says the funniest things

No, that is not a potato.

How can you not love a little girl that asks if a tortilla is a potato? I mean, that is hilarious. Everything that she says is pure gold and I love her for it. It also helps that she's the cutest thing I've ever seen. Any time with Paige is a great time because it is 99% guaranteed that she will say something to make you laugh out loud. Also, she knows she's hilarious, which makes it even better.

She has the biggest heart

That. Face.

I may be a little biased, but my heart can't handle the cuteness. Paige is the most beautiful person I know, inside and out. She constantly is comforting people when they are upset, including me. There have been multiple times when someone has been crying and Paige has gone up to them, hugged them, and assured them that "it be otay" and "we are family." Not sure how "we are family" fits into making someone feel better, but she is so cute that it automatically helps. I love this tiny human.

I'm her favorite person (:

Ugh <3

Not to brag, but I'm Paige's favorite person and everyone knows it. I take pride in being her favorite because she's mine. Being Paige's favorite person means that she names everything after me, and I mean literally everything. Including the hideous sock puppet pictured above. Yes, Paige named that thing "Lucy." Oh, but it gets better because she also carries it around saying, "good boy Lucy." I let it slide because she is so stinkin' cute.

She never fails to make my day better

So much love

Paige can cheer me up no matter what kind of a mood I'm in. Even something as simple as a hug from her makes me feel so much better. Being around her puts me in the best mood, and she genuinely just makes me a better person. She makes me want to go out and make a difference in other people's lives because that is what she has done for me. My life changed forever the day she was born, but in the best way possible. I'm so lucky to call Paige my best friend.