19 Reasons Nickelodeon Is 100% Better Than Cartoon Network All Day, Every Day

Nick nick nick nick na nick nick nick...Nickelodeon!

134

Nickelodeon was a big part of my childhood and I'm sure It was a big part of yours. If you think Cartoon Network is better, let this article change your mind.

1. Nick is the Original

Nickelodeon's original cartoons debuted in 1991, whereas Cartoon Network's original cartoons debuted in 1996.

2. Better Shows

media.giphy.com

This one is really subjective but I feel like the shows on Nick are better made, have better concepts and offer more variety to viewers. I'm really making this list to prove this point.

3. More Emotional Shows

media.giphy.com

There is something much softer and more delicate about many shows on Nickelodeon like: Rugrats, Doug, Hey Arnold, and As Told By Ginger. These are shows that help kids better understand emotions by showing them material that isn't always exaggerated, but rather closer to real life, helping them better make sense of the world and their place in it.

4. The Movies!

media.giphy.com

Nickelodeon broke into theatrical films in a way that Cartoon Network never did. The first film I ever saw in theaters was The Rugrats in Paris. And honestly, the climax of The Spongebob Squarepants Movie, which takes place on the back of a live-action David Hasslehoff, is enough to give Nickelodeon a win in the film department.

5. Slime

media.giphy.com

I've actually been slimed, and let me tell you, it will change your whole life. Did Cartoon Network ever offer us anything even close to the miracle that is slime? No.

6. Sitcoms

media.giphy.com

Drake and Josh? The Amanda Show? All That? Clarissa Explains it All? Zoey 101? Nickelodeon's sitcom game is so strong.

7. Game Shows

media.giphy.com

If you thought Nick's sitcom game was strong their game show game is even stronger. Waits for the reboot of Double Dare.

8. Nick Knows How to Do Reboots

i0.kym-cdn.com

Speaking of Reboots, Nick knows how to do them RIGHT. Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie was even better than the first Hey Arnold movie, and I'm so excited for the Double Dare reboot and Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling. Cartoon Network has dipped their toes in reboots (cough, cough The Powerpuff Girls) but let's not talk about unpleasantness, shall we?

9. SpongeBob SquarePants

media.giphy.com

Not only is Sponbgebob an incredibly funny show which spawned two movies and a BROADWAY MUSICAL, Spongebob Squarepants, himself, is a cartoon icon, among the likes of Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny. Top that, Johnny Bravo.

10. The Variety of Shows

media.giphy.com

Nick has it all: top-rate cartoons, clever sitcoms, and thrilling game shows. It's a well-rounded network, with something for everyone.

11. The Color Scheme

media.giphy.com

While black and white can be tasteful, but orange is bold and beautiful, it's both kid-friendly and stands out.

12. The Jingles/Bumpers

media.giphy.com

Nick nick nick nick na nick nick nick Nickelodeon! Cartoon Network didn't have any jingles

13. The VHS's

media.giphy.com

The Nickelodeon VHS's were ORANGE...enough said.

14. But Most of All, the Shows Taught Us Lessons...About Friendship

media.giphy.com

15. And Kindness

media.giphy.com

16. Helping Others

media.giphy.com

17. Staying True to Yourself

media.giphy.com

18. While Still Being Silly and Appealing to Kids, (and Adults, too)

media.giphy.com

Once a Nickelodeon kid, always a Nickelodeon kid.

19. If You Still Think Cartoon Network is Better Than Nickelodeon...

media.giphy.com