Why This NFL Season Will Be Entertaining

The NFL is finally back and there are so many entertaining and anticipating questions fans have going into the year.

17

The NFL offseason was wild and plenty of big-time moves happened this offseason. There is no clear cut winner, but we are all dying to see someone other than the Patriots headline the Super Bowl. The NFL can sometimes surprise you, so we must all wonder what teams will catch fire after 2 teams started poorly last year and still played in the playoffs.

The big question is how will the colts fair with Jacoby after Andrew Lucks surprise retirement last week. The Colts were a Super Bowl contender with Luck behind center, but that could all change. You have to wonder if the Texans will be the team to easily come out of the division or if the Colts will find a way to challenge them.

There are so many contenders in the NFC and nobody knows whop to predict who will come out. Every division has at least 3 contenders ready to compete to win and that should make for a few disappointing seasons. The Vikings and Steelers as talented as they have still missed the playoffs last year, so they will look to change that this year. I feel this will be a big year where one or two teams finish with a great record, but still miss the playoffs.

I think many people are excited to see how Bell and Brown do outside of the Steelers club and see if they will continue their hall of fame careers with their new team. I feel Bell will shine, but Brown will struggle due to him being worried about money and his helmet instead of training for the game. The Steelers should be fine without both players as they have young talent in James Conner and JuJu Smith to have a chance to shine with the spotlight on them.

Kyler Murray should be fun to watch, although the Cardinals will most likely not be very competitive. Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins will most likely be given the reigns in New York and Washington and fight for the third place spot in the NFC East. I feel the rookie QB race will quite intense and should live up to last years hype.

Many people are hyped to see Patrick Mahomes try to match his stellar sophomore season and try to push the Chiefs over the Pats in the AFC. Kirk Cousins, Cam Newton, and Big Ben will look to have bounce-back seasons and make the playoffs while looking like MVP caliber QBs to live up to their contracts and hype.

The last big factor of the season is how the Browns will do. They went 1-15 and 0-16 before drafting Baker Mayfield last year in an attempt to turn things around. They finished without making the playoffs but were very close. They drafted some good players as well as traded for Odell Beckham and a great pass rusher, so their season expectations have now gone to winning the Super Bowl or at least staying competitive.

This NFL season should be exciting, competitive, and unpredictable, but we just have to hope most players can stay healthy and keep the games close for the best games possible. I think the Super Bowl will be Bears and Chiefs which many will call me crazy for. I just hope the NFL does not disappoint because we have waited so long to watch it again!