NFL Power Rankings Week 1

NFL Week 1 Power Rankings

Each NFL Team in order from best to worst

252
NFL Week 1 Power Rankings

I have decided that I am going to do a weekly power rankings of the NFL until the season ends. Each team will be ordered from best to worst based on what I see in their games and their potential for the season so lets start!

New Orleans Saints

c1.staticflickr.com

We start of with the Saints who are my predicted Superbowl Champs this year. They have one of the greatest NFL QB's of ALL TIME, they have the greatest running back duo of ALL TIME, they have insanely good WR's in Michael Thomas and Ted Ginn Jr., and oh wait their "previously historically bad defenses" is all of a sudden a top 10 defense in the league. With all this talent and Sean Payton as the brilliant play-caller, they are definitely the best team in the league.

Los Angeles Rams

upload.wikimedia.org

The Rams are really good. They have Todd Gurley, the best RB, a stacked defense, and some pretty good receivers. Where they lack though is QB. While many people think that Goff is a star QB, I disagree. I feel as if Goff is a one year wonder and won't be very good next season, but with all the firepower the Rams have, Goff can be average and the Rams will still be great.

Philadelphia Eagles

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2018/02/super-bowl-52-philadelphia-eagles-win/552284/The Atlantic

Our previous Superbowl champions not number 1 what? The Eagles are still one of the top teams in the NFL, but with no way of knowing how well Carson Wentz will be after his injury, the Eagles are definitely not the best team in the league.

Minnesota Vikings

upload.wikimedia.org

Kirk Cousins, Dalvin Cook, Adam Thielin, Stefon Diggs, Kyle Rudolph. What an offense! Xavier Rhodes, Anthony Barr, Harrison Smith, Eric Kendricks. What a Defense! This team is top 5 for sure.

Jacksonville Jaguars

upload.wikimedia.org

The Jaguars have a good running back, good receivers, the best defense in the league, but they have a terrible starting QB. If they had a decent QB they'd be 1 or 2, but until then they are still top 5.

Pittsburgh Steelers

c1.staticflickr.com

Even without Le'veon Bell, the Steelers still have Antonio Brown and Juju Smith-Schuster, so their offense won't suffer, but without Ryan Shazier this whole season who will step up on defense?

New England Patriots

upload.wikimedia.org

They have Tom Brady and nothing else... It's going to be a long season, but at least they'll still make the playoffs because of Tom.

Los Angeles Chargers

upload.wikimedia.org

Spectacular D, Spectacular O! All the Chargers need to do is gel everything together and they'll be one of the top teams in the league.

Cleveland Browns

upload.wikimedia.org

I know what you're thinking, "Wait what the Browns? This must be a mistake!". Nope it's not. The Browns have a much improved team with a good D and Tyrod Taylor and Jarvis Landry on the offense. You heard it here first, the Browns are going to go the playoffs!

Green Bay Packers

upload.wikimedia.org

Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nel...; this is a new era for the Packers, no Jordy and with unexperienced receivers and a mediocre D, Aaron Rodgers will as he always does lead the Packers to the divisional round and nothing more.

Carolina Panthers

upload.wikimedia.org

Cam Newton single handedly carried the offense last season, but this season McCafferey is there to help, and with a similar defense expect the Panthers to make the playoffs.

Kansas City ChiefsĀ 

upload.wikimedia.org

Don't sleep on Mahomes. With his arm and the speed of Sammy Watkins and Tyreek Hill, this offense will be scary. Oh yeah and don't forget about Kareem Hunt.

New York Giants

c1.staticflickr.com

OBJ, Saquon, Evan Engram, Sterling Shepard; Eli's always gonna have a man to throw to, but hopefully it's not the defense.

Chicago Bears

upload.wikimedia.org

The NFL is a copycat league and the Bears are copying last years Rams. Adding playmakers on both sides of the field and adding Khalil Mack made the biggest difference to push the Bears into the top 15.

Atlanta Falcons

upload.wikimedia.org

2 years ago, the Falcons were in the Superbowl... now they're garbage. Matt Ryan is not elite, hell he's not even good. Freeman is injury prone and Julio is the only bright spot, carrying the team every game. All Falcon's fans want is to fire Sarkisian because they think he's the problem. I personally think it doesn't matter; the Falcon's are still on their Superbowl hangover and they're never getting out of it.

Seattle Seahawks

upload.wikimedia.org

Russell Wilson lost his whole team, but he can still lead them... to a 8-8 season.

Dallas Cowboys

Dak and Zeke are the only legitimate players the Cowboys have currently. Jason Garrett will probably not be coaching the Cowboys this time next year, unless he has a good season.

Detroit Lions

upload.wikimedia.org

Matthew Stafford is pretty good and so is Golden Tate, but they need a good D and a good RB.

Washington Redskins

c1.staticflickr.com

The Redskins upgraded from Cousins to Smith in my eyes, but their team downgraded as a whole signifying this ranking

Tennessee Titans

c1.staticflickr.com

While the Titans became better, other teams became much better. To become a better rank, Mariota must lead this team to victories more often than not.

Houston Texans

c1.staticflickr.com

JJ Watt is back and so is Watson, but both are coming back from injuries so we'll have to monitor their progress on the field.

Indianapolis Colts

c1.staticflickr.com

Andrew Luck is back after 2 years. He is going to determine the whole course of the Colt's season

Arizona Cardinals

upload.wikimedia.org

Cardinals have a QB who is always injured and a WR who is on the wrong side of 30 (even though Fitz is still pretty good); their D is average, but compared to the rest of the league they are in the bottom half.

San Francisco 49ers

c1.staticflickr.com

The 49ers are overhyped. Jimmy G is not that good. Kyle Shanahan is good though and that's why the 49ers are 24th rather than 28th.

Denver Broncos

upload.wikimedia.org

Case Keenum is a one year wonder. I won't be surprised if Keenum and Vance Joseph aren't on the Broncos anymore

Oakland Raiders

upload.wikimedia.org

Derek Carr, Amari Cooper, Khalil Mack. Oh my bad Mack is gone and with him the whole defense. Jon Gruden basically owns the Raiders now and he is doing whatever he can to gain more power rather than win. I'm sorry Raider's fans.

New York Jets

upload.wikimedia.org

Sam Darnold turns the ball over too much and the Jets don't have a great RB or WRs. In a couple years they'll be good, but for now they're near the bottom of the food chain.

Baltimore Ravens

c1.staticflickr.com

Flacco isn't capable of starting anymore and the Ravens never have good luck on WRs. Offense will be the same as before making the whole season a waste.

Cincinatti Bengals

upload.wikimedia.org

15 years, 15 years is how long Marvin Lewis has been coaching the Bengals and not once has he won a playoff game. Some things will never change.

Miami Dolphins

upload.wikimedia.org

The Dolphins have nobody let's be honest. Tannehill is mediocre at best and Landry is gone now. Sorry Dolphins, it'll be a while till you guys are good again.

Buffalo Bills

upload.wikimedia.org

Nathan "5 interceptions in a half" Peterman is the starter of the Bills. While I have no right to say Nathan Peterman is not good as I am not in the NFL, I have the right to say he is not capable of being a starter much less a backup after throwing 5 interceptions in a half and one in a playoff game after 5 snaps. The Bills O-Line is a mess as well, they have no receivers, and their defense kinda stink. Sorry Bills Mafia, but hey at least you have LeSean McCoy, but he has other things to worry about right now...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

c1.staticflickr.com

We end off with the worst team in the NFL, the Bucs. They have a QB who's not really that good and has character issues to take care of, their defense isn't good, their running back is Peyton Barber who no one has heard of until preseason, and they have the worst head coach in the league. Do I need to say more?