The Next Big Thing: An Interview With The CEO Of Avani Technology Solutions

Speed, flexibility, quality and Performance

26

During this age and time, we are in an evolving world of technology, where all the information we need is in the hands of a rectangular device. This is also the age of business and companies are rising faster than ever. Avani Technology Solutions is just one of them. Its headquarters are in Rochester New York where their niche is to "Provide IT professionals in the fields of Mobility, Web Applications, and Enterprise Computing." One of the fastest growing tech companies in Rochester they were named "Product of the year 2014" by Silicon Valley India, were awarded 18th in Rochester's top 100 and were placed in INC 500 for the fastest growing companies. I had the wonderful opportunity to interview the CEO, Sameer Penakalapati, about the company and his advice for future entrepreneurs.

1. How did Avani start?

I had this idea of building a product of small and medium business needs for expertise and money. I have been in the services for a long time and with no differentiation and barriers.

2. Did you always want to start a business?

I always wanted to do something on my own; I want to do something that is substantial, low cost, provide opportunity and tools for small business to grow.

3. What hardships did you have to face?

The number one hardship was Financing and Customer Acquisition; we need to have better product that tells a better story.

4. If you can do one thing differently what would it be and why?

One thing is I wish I had started earlier, it wasn't that I didn't have an idea of what I wanted, it was that I wasn't financially ready.

5. What advice would you give future candidates?

Passion drives everything. Drive helps you achieve certain things even you have to be relentless and take no breaks. You don't feel tired because you're passionate about it and you always have to take bold steps and go with your gut.

6. What are a few of your goals for this upcoming year?

The first goal is acquisition by another company and bring and penetrate product to the market. Our next goal is for the product to sell reach a million and some financial goals as well.

7. Are you creating any other Apps?

We are currently in the process of releasing our latest app in June, MYPRIO, which helps companies with marketing and promotion.

8. What do you look for when you hire people for your company?

A great attitude.The thing is we can train the candidates with the skills, but attitude on the other hand isn't trainable.

9.What sets you apart from your competition?

Exile, Speed, Tech savy, and our value for money. We make our products easy to use and are vey affordable.

10. What is your management style?

I like to give freedom, trust but verify. I love to give chances, but some things have zero tolerance; Bullying,stealing, being disrespectful,and not following directions are not tolerable.