New York Film Festival 2020 Is Online!

New York Film Festival 2020 Is Online!

Film Festivals in the age of COVID will look different

11
New York Film Festival 2020 Is Online!
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:NYFF_2010_%22Hereafter%22_Press_Conference.jpg

At the start of the COVID Pandemic, we didn't think it would last long enough to affect the film festival circuit. However, as the pandemic has gone on longer as expected festivals have struggled to decide how to screen their films. This does have an advantage however, the New York Film Festival is available to anyone in the United States! That's right! This year they are having online screenings. Rentals on the website are now live!

Some of the bigger titles of the festival will cost 25 dollars while a lot of the other films will cost 15. Some of these rentals will include a date and a time you must access the film on (it is a festival after all). This might not last for a long time but it is still awesome to take advantage of this opportunity. I've already gotten three tickets to the festival! I will keep my eye out for the AFI Festival and a few others to see if any gems emerge from them.

It's a good time to discover weird and interesting movies and be some of the first people to see them. Now, I don't have to travel to New York and I can stay at home to watch some of these. While I anticipate things being back to normal and being in a crowd and watching these films again- the convenience factor for these screeners being sent anywhere in the world is a game changer for the festival junket in general!