New York Bombings
Politics

New York Bombings

Home of the Free

3
New York Bombings
Jules Elyse Photography

I grew up right outside of New York City. I consider New York to be my second home and I am literally the "tourist queen". Going to school right outside of Philadelphia can be annoying and makes me miss NYC more (for all you Philadelphians, Philly is NOT a city!). When I heard that there were bombings in my favorite city in the world, it reminded me of the events that happened 15 years ago.

Even though our country has become more strict since 9/11/2001, it's still scary that normal people are still able to get their hands on explosives and destroy lives. From 9/11 to the Boston bombings, these terrorists say that they bombed major cities to honor God. I am Catholic and I know that God doesn't believe in war. He doesn't believe in killing others. He believes in peace. He believes in love. I don't know what God believes in terrorizing other people's lives and destroying cities.

In this most recent attack, almost THIRTY people were injured. New Yorkers were doing their own thing on a Sunday afternoon when bombs went off. What did they do to deserve this? Nothing. They were ordinary people who have families, jobs, and lives. They expected to go out, run errands, and go home like normal. They now lie in hospital beds with injuries from the explosions. They don't know what to expect.

When will these bombings end? When will the government put a ban on civilians owning guns and explosives? My answer is NOW. Nobody needs to be murdered. Nobody needs to worry about their families. Nobody needs to lay in a hospital bed deformed. It's time to put an end to this nonsense.