On Tuesday, January 22nd a law in New York was passed allowing women to abort their baby at any time of the pregnancy if it risks the mother's health. The bill was first introduced in 2006 but was shot down by the Republican-controlled state Senate. Now that Democrats are the majority, the bill was passed and signed. The liberal standpoint of this new law is that it gives the woman the right to "make her own decisions about her own personal health". What this belief fails to understand is when a baby is actual human life.
6 weeks. At this time, a baby's heartbeat is able to be detected. At this time of the pregnancy, the baby is completely reliant on the safety that his/her mother provides.
The most terrifying part of this law is doctors aren't the only medical professionals allowed to perform this operation. This law is so far-reaching that it enables nurse practitioners and even midwives to kill the baby. What many don't truly understand is the process of how an abortion is performed. On Thursday, January 24th, Lisa Bevere reveals the harsh truth of the process of a late-term abortion on Instagram.
Abortion has always been a debate between pro-life and pro-choice for many years, and it's a healthy debate. Being a pro-life advocate, I have always been able to respect and understand the people who believe women should be given the choice. But, I fail to understand extending laws to late-term abortion. I believe it's just murder of human life. "Pure evil" is how Lisa describes it in her social media post.
The New York abortion law brings one question to my mind...God, where are you? That's the sickening truth.
- Why It's A Bad Idea To Call Pro-Lifers "Anti-Choice" ›
- 15 Reasons To Be Pro-Choice ›
- Why Planned Parenthood Is a Valuable Organization That Should ... ›
- NY enacts new protections for abortion rights ›
- FACT CHECK: Did New York Pass a Bill Legalizing Abortions Up to ... ›
- New York Has Finally Updated Its Archaic Abortion Law ›
- Historic NY abortion vote: How law will change, what it means for ... ›
- New York passes law allowing abortions at any time if mother's ... ›
- Catholics want New York's Gov. Cuomo to be excommunicated for ... ›