From The Procrastinator Who's New Year's Resolution Lasted Less Than A Week

It's a gift and a curse.

3
YouTube

If you're like me, procrastination is a bad habit you have.

People tend to procrastinate on assignments from work, school assignments, household chores, etc. It's so easy to get lazy or distracted from what it is we need to do. There are also other things keeping us busy. My first thought is always "oh I'll do it later."

That's fine until later comes and we're overwhelmed with rushing to get done whatever it is that we put off. Every year I say I will get better with my procrastination. No more putting things off until the last-minute. Unfortunately after a few days of the new year, that resolution goes out the window. It gets easy to fall back into old habits.

If you are someone who tends to procrastinate, there are ways to break that habit. Write a list of what you need to get done. As you complete a task, check it off so that you know it's been completed. Turn off the television, put your phone down and get rid of any other distractions for a while to make more time to meet deadlines.

Also, it pays to have people around you who motivate you to do what's expected of you. Recognize that you have a problem with procrastination, follow the tips to prevent it and you'll be on your way to being a very productive person.