10 New Year's Resolutions That Don't Suck

Let's face it, you're not going to start going to they gym.

69
https://www.pexels.com/photo/toast-party-ball-cheers-59884/

Making a New Year's resolution is a tradition that many people take part in every year. Most people may keep it up for a couple weeks, but most don't make it past a month or two. Stop kidding yourself, you're not going to the gym five times a week and you're not giving up junk food. Take a look at some of these resolutions that don't suck and are actually easy to keep.

1. Hold the door open. 

Whenever there is someone near you when you enter or exit a building just hold the door open for them. You were already going to open the door anyways, so be polite instead of slamming it in someone's face.

2. Call your mom more often.

When is the last time you picked up the phone to call your mom just to say hi? I guarantee you she loves hearing your voice even if it's only for five minutes on your way to work.

3. Put your clothes back on the hanger.

We all try something on, decide not to wear it, and then throw it on the bed. Just hang it back up, it will save you time and energy later when you're too tired to clean up.

4. Wash your dishes when you're done with them.

Instead of letting everything pile up in the sink, either wash each dish when you're done with them or put them in the dishwasher. It will probably make your kitchen smell better and you won't feel like your house is so dirty.

5. Turn the TV off before you go to bed.

You'll get better sleep with the tv off and not to mention, you might even save some money on electricity.

6. Make a budget.

Stop spending so frivolously and save your money for when you may actually need it. Better yet, save it for a vacation. There are plenty of apps out there that can help you with making a budget and sticking to it.

7. Make time for your friends and family.

It is important to not spend your entire life working. Your friends and family love you and actually want to see you more than on holidays or special events.

8. Do more things that aren't in your routine.

Everyone gets in a daily routine and sometimes that can be hard to break. Find a new restaurant, or take a walk in the park. Explore your city like a tourist would.

9. Stop looking at your phone every two minutes.

There is a whole world around you that you can't see with your phone glued to your face. Take a breather and just look around you.

10. Smile.

Walking down the street, passing someone in the hallway, or standing in line at the checkout counter... just take a second and smile when looking at someone. You never know, maybe they needed that smile. Also, smiling will help make yourself happier.