30 Life-Altering New Years Resolutions That Everyone In Their 20's Should Make For 2019

Time to buy some lettuce, hurray!

114

New Year's Eve is a great Holiday... but it's also the time that we all have to start reevaluating our lives. It's a time for self-reflection, self-love and most important, time to say we're going to make some big life changes that we won't actually stick to.

Here's the thing, we should be doing good things for ourselves anyway. New Year's is just a restart button and a reminder that we need to start doing these good things sooner than later.

Instead of the usual, "lose weight", "save money", "travel more", basic answers... a new years resolution should be specific and achievable. Set your heart on one or choose your top five, but don't let yourself down this year.

This is your year to change your own life, starting with one of these resolutions...

1. Eat at least one vegetable everyday

2. Eat at least one fruit everyday

3. Start your morning with a ten minute homework out

4. Go get a physical to make sure you're good

5. Spend at least one day a week off social media

6. Make plans with your friends at least once a week, even if it's just to get coffee

7. Enhance your education outside of the classroom or workplace by taking a class online, at a local community college or rec center

8. Try to learn a new sport

9. Try to learn a new language

10. Download a budget app and actually use it

11. Learn to cook a family recipe

12. Serve your family recipe to your friends

13. Handwrite a letter to your grandparents or a long distance family member, see how they're doing

14. Take a yoga class 

15. Try meditating for 15 minutes everyday for two weeks and if you like it... keep it up

16. Buy a journal and write your feelings in it... because why not?

17. Read one book every month. A book without pictures.

18. Do one week without sugar

19. Show up to work on time for a whole month

20. Bake cookies for your neighbors

21. Learn to sew a button

22. Volunteer once a month

23. Complete one of your bucket list items

24. If you don't have a bucket list, make one

25. Try a new podcast that you usually wouldn't listen to

26. Clean your closet and donate clothes to charity

27. Create a vision board

28. Look up job postings and find your dream job, then make a plan about how you're going to get there

29. Visit a city you've never been to before

30. Pray every night before you go to bed