3 Tips For Successfully Achieving Your 2021 New Year's Resolutions

Rely on the people around you for support because they're your biggest cheerleaders.

30

As we ring in the New Year, we begin to write down our newest resolutions. With this, we should be able to find the support we need from those around us.

1. Set goals for yourself.

white ceramic mug with coffee on top of a planner Photo by Estée Janssens on Unsplash

Everyone has a different view of how they want to live their lives when the ball drops at 12 AM. Unfortunately, sometimes living out these aspirations can be difficult because of the lack of support you feel from those around you. Something I truly believe about setting goals for ourselves is that it gives us the motivation to create plans and carry them out. It gives us the motivation to keep going. We all want the energy and motivation to be able to wake up every day and thank our bodies for keeping us going, to thank whoever and whatever for being alive, to be thankful for being able to live out our day. One of my biggest goals for 2021 is learning how to live in the moment. As someone who very much likes to plan ahead and only think of the future, I think it will allow me to be more present and thankful in my day-to-day life.

I think one of the best ways to achieve our goals in the upcoming year could be by carrying a planner and having your goals written inside. If your goal is to become more organized, start your day off by making your bed and picking up at least one thing to help your future self. If your goal is to become more time-efficient, you can always schedule your day in blocks so you don't feel like a headless chicken. If your goal is to live a healthier lifestyle, finding healthy tips online and from your favorite influencers can be a huge inspiration to keep it going.

2. Set expectations from others.

man in gray crew neck shirt beside woman in gray sleeveless shirt Photo by Andreea Pop on Unsplash

Another healthy habit I will be taking into 2021 with me is being able to set expectations with friends. I am huge on giving back the energy you receive, and I know that the beginning of 2020 for me was difficult because of a few relationships that became strained because they just weren't the right fit anymore. While that can happen, and is difficult to deal with, I know that I leaned on my other friends and became even closer to them and other new people that moved to the foreground of my life.

Humans are social creatures and being able to surround yourself with your best social circle should be a priority. Being able to have a few go-to friends when you need advice or a good old cry is extremely important. They set up how supported you feel in the hard months, and you support them by being there for their tough times too. You can support yourself and your friends by pushing yourself and them with compliments and giving each other good vibes. Another great way to do this with your close friends is learning each other's love languages and learning how to really listen to each other!

3. Find something that makes you giddy.

Spider-Man leaning on concrete brick while reading book Photo by Road Trip with Raj on Unsplash

Everyone has that special little something that makes them feel all happy and bubbly inside. Whether it be your sense of adventure that keeps taking you from place to place or nuzzling down with a good old book or maybe even watering your plants and taking care of them. Just find something that makes you happy, is important to you, and will help you to keep your sanity as we continue on through COVID-19. Being able to find a fun hobby or even trying something new will keep you from becoming restless and feeling like you're starting to fall into seasonal depression.