A New Year, New Me Letter

Dear New Year, New Me

I know that we are only a couple of days in to the New Year but I just wanted to give you a little piece of advice. I know that this is the moment that you start to reevaluate your life and pin point all the things that you need to change. You are already thinking about what gym you are going to join, how you are going to meet "the one", the new diet you are going to try and maybe you will even stop drinking. I just want to say, no pressure. I know that you make this promise to yourself every year and that every year you fail in one thing or the other. The New Year was never meant to be this thing that is over your head putting pressure. It is supposed to be a new start, - new chance. Now this can all come naturally or you can plan it out to the last detail. You need to know that you are great the way you are and if anything is going to change about yourself it will happen naturally, not with force. I know you think that what I'm saying is crazy but trust me when I say everything good happens with time. I suggest starting small with your resolutions and working your way up. Maybe even write a list, but try not to give it that forceful you need to accomplish all these things vibe, be cool. One thing I think is very fulfilling is trying everything at least once on that list. Try to go to the gym, if it doesn't work out it wasn't meant to be. Try being more outgoing when you think someone is cute, try talking to them, if not you are always going to have that what if. Try to stop drinking if that's what you really want, not forever but just for a couple of months. The New Year is about challenging yourself and seeing if you can complete the goals you have put out for yourself. If can't complete them all, guess what! You have another year to try again. OMG who knew. Another thing that I know a lot of us feel when the New Year comes around is that feeling that we haven't accomplished anything or it was a horrible year. This is your time to let all that go and make this New Year the best that it can be. Fill your life with positive people and positive things. Push away or prevent the negative that is trying to creep in through the cracks. Laugh a little harder and cry a little less. Just remember that this is the new beginning that we all need, especially me.

Happy New Year

Sincerely,

Same Me, New Year