New Year, New Season Of “The Bachelor”

New Year, New Season Of “The Bachelor”

Will Nick finally find the one?

12
New Year, New Season Of “The Bachelor”

It's baaaaaaack. That's right, folks! ABC's "The Bachelor" is back, which means so are the live tweets, blog posts, and full-on articles about the show. You know you missed them. (Don’t lie. XOXO, Bachelor Nation.)

This season not only marks the 21st season of the show, but it's the season Nick Viall is actually the bachelor.

For those of you who don't know, Nick has quite the history with the Bachelor franchise. He was a runner-up on two seasons of “The Bachelorette.” This means that two girls had the option between him and another guy, and they both chose the other guy over him. Essentially, his heart burst into a thousand pieces…twice, and on national television.

After those back-to-back heartbreaks (seasons 10 and 11 of “The Bachelorette”), he appeared on season three of “Bachelor in Paradise.” Unfortunately, he had no luck finding love there either. It definitely wasn't all smooth sailing in paradise. If Josh didn't swoop in, Nick would probably be with Amanda right now. But, I guess it just wasn't meant to be...

Though you think he would’ve wised up at some point and realized it’s not ideal to find love on a reality show, you have you admire his persistence. He’s back for more as the leading man on “The Bachelor.” He wants to find love, and he wants the world to see him do it. At least this time he has a bunch of girls fighting over him instead of having to compete with other guys for one girl. I’d say the odds are in his favor.

Now, this will be my second round of watching "The Bachelor." I've seen Ben's season of "The Bachelor," Jojo's season of "The Bachelorette," and season three of "Bachelor in Paradise." That means I only saw Nick on "Bachelor in Paradise." Lucky for me, because from what I heard, he was seen as the villain in the two seasons of "The Bachelorette" he was on. But, the Nick Viall I know (Paradise Nick) is a nice, genuine guy who has had his heart broken too many times and deserves to find his true love.

With this season’s premiere, we were introduced to the group of women he has to choose from. Some seem weird (i.e. the dolphin/shark), some seem annoying (please send home Josephine ASAP), and some seem like they could be potentially good matches for Nick (Rachel, the girl who got the first impression rose, and the girl from Germantown, Wisconsin).

I’m excited to see what's in store for him and if he finds "the one." I sure hope he does! And, personally, I’m excited about the fact that he’s from Milwaukee because same.