New Phone, Who Is This?

New Phone, Who Is This?

More importantly, you got gamez on your phone?

32
New Phone, Who Is This?
Ghada Abouhaidar

This article is both an obituary to my old phone and a birth announcement to my new baby. A couple days ago, I swapped out my silver iPhone 5 for a gold 6s. Now I know the transition from a phone that was so overused and old that it burned my hands every time I used it (I kid you not!) to a brand spankin' new, full of storage phone should be exciting, but it kinda stung. I physically cannot let go of my old phone. It all of a sudden started working better than ever. It let me take pictures, the Internet didn't cut off right as I started using maps, the lock button worked, and the burning wasn't so bad anymore.

I realized how many memories I have had with it since my sophomore year of high school. It was there to witness all the awkward conversations I had with boys and people I used to know. It's traveled the world with me and fallen down the concrete stairs of my grandparents' home in Lebanon. It's even survived getting thrown across El Sol Nightclub (on accident I swear, also shoutout to Brian McDonald for bringing it back to me when I didn't even realize it had left my hand). It even has a little baby crack on the top from when I stepped on it in boots after throwing a pumpkin off of the top of the UBOB parking deck (oops!).

With all of that being said, I think I'm scared to have a new phone because it's such a clean slate. My new phone came with a new number which is even scarier. I now have 18 contacts. Eighteen! What's gonna happen when someone texts my old number? Will it tell them I disconnected my line or are they just gonna think I'm swerving them? What if someone texts me and confesses their love for me and I never get it because I have this new number? Aye, just kidding, but seriously how do I get my Tropical Smoothie coupons switched to my new number? Alas another article has come and gone; I'm gonna go look at how ugly I am on this 38573457834 megapixel selfie camera!! TTYL!!