7 New Movies To Look Out For Summer 2019

Summer is just a few days away, and with it comes a lot of free time and a lot of new opportunities. However, aside from the days without heading to class and the warm weather, one of the best things about summer is all the new movies. Here are just seven of the myriad new movies dropping into theaters this summer!

1. "Aladdin"

Aladdin

Quite possibly one of the most anticipated movies this summer, Disney's live-action "Aladdin" hits theaters this May. Following the story of our favorite street rat, Aladdin is given a chance to have all he's ever dreamed of when he discovers the Genie of the Lamp. With a star-studded cast, be sure to check out "Aladdin" in theaters on May 24th!

2. "Pokemon Detective Pikachu"

Pokemon Detective Pikachu

Another fun family film, "Pokemon Detective Pikachu" hits theaters this summer. Bringing a live-action look to the world of our favorite childhood creatures, the film follows Detective Pikachu as he tries to solve the mystery of his missing partner. With Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu, "Pokemon Detective Pikachu" is bound to be worth a trip to the theaters.

3. "The Sun Is Also A Star"

The Sun Is Also A Star

Summer isn't summer with a fun teen movie, and "The Sun Is Also A Star" is sure to meet those expectations. Based on the novel of the same name by Nicola Yoon, the film follows star-crossed teens Daniel and Natasha over the course of one day in New York City. Sparks fly as they fight their feelings, while also fighting the reality of their own circumstances. "The Sun Is Also A Star" hits theaters May 17th!

4. "Dark Phoenix"

Dark Phoenix

If you're in need of an action-packed superhero film to fill the void that "Avengers: Endgame" left, be sure to check out the latest X-Men movie when it drops on June 7th! "Dark Phoenix" follows Jean Grey as she develops a darker alter ego, the Phoenix. Her friends must race against time to help her before her new dark powers take control.

5. "Men in Black: International"

Men In Black: International

If you loved the dynamic between Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson in "Thor: Ragnarok" and "Avengers: Endgame," their new movie "Men in Black: International" is sure to be another hit. In order to battle new aliens, Agents H and M must travel around the world to fulfill their new missions. "Men in Black: International" hits theaters on June 14th!

6. "Toy Story 4"

Toy Story 4

Another Disney-Pixar hit to bring out our inner child, "Toy Story 4" is the latest installment in the iconic series. Woody, Buzz, and the rest of the toys head out on an adventure with their new friends Bonnie and Forky. Bound to be full of nostalgia and laugh out loud moments, "Toy Story 4" drops in theaters on June 21st!

7. "Spider-Man: Far From Home"

Spider-Man: Far From Home

If you're in a Marvel withdrawal like the rest of the world, there's hope for you yet. Coming this July, the last film in this phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, "Spider-Man: Far From Home", hits theaters. Following the events of "Avengers: Endgame," Peter Parker heads on a field trip to Europe. When mayhem strikes, Peter must suit up, but at what cost?

Which movie will you be watching?