11 Adorable Kitten Things That Give All Cat-Owners Life (Pictures Included)

Cats are the best.

110

Recently, our family welcomed two cute fur babies into the family. They're two, eleven-week-old, black kittens named Luna and Jackson who are the sweetest little creatures ever. I've never had kittens at an age where I can remember them, but just a few days into the care of these furry babies, I'm learning just how wild of a ride having kittens is.

1. They are all claws and teeth

Kate Tayler

It doesn't matter what angle you come at them from, you will catch a tooth or claw to the hand. This is acceptable only because they are so freaking tiny and cute. As time goes on, these attacks will get more savage and intense and they will continue as long as they think they can get away with it... which is probably always.

​2. Kitten naps are the cutest thing ever

Kate Tayler

A sleeping and purring little cat is possibly the cutest thing ever. You can bet your butt that I will sit and stare at those sleeping babies for way longer than necessary to take in the cute.

3. And they're even cuter when they nap together in puddle formation

Kate Tayler

With TWO kitties, the sleeping cuteness increases when they both snuggle while they sleep together. In the case of my kitties, Luna gets upset if Jackson sleeps without her and will meow until she can find him and snuggle up to him.

4. When they aren't napping, they're RACING around

Kate Tayler

Kittens are a fiery little bundle of energy. They will go and go and go and go and go until they can't anymore and then they'll go just a little more. They're neurotic as the day is long and they're ready to play from the second they wake up from their most recent nap.

5. Their meows are the sweetest and softest ever

Kate Tayler

There is no voice tinier and cuter than that of a kitten. They meow loudly and often and it's always a delight no matter what. I will never get sick of those little kitten mews.

6. Everything they do is cute

Kate Tayler

They run? It's cute. They savagely attack you? Aw, look how cute their teeth are. They break your mother's irreplaceable vase? But look how ADORABLE they looked sitting inside of it. There is nothing kittens could do that isn't the cutest thing ever.

7. They are the best snuggle buddies

Kate Tayler

Snuggling with a tiny little creature is the best ever too. They're roughly the size of your hand, but snuggling with them for a second can fill your heart twice over. You'll never want to leave the snuggle party.

8. They're so tiny and soft

Kate Tayler

Every single one of their features is so unbelievably small. Their little paws and ears and whiskers and nose are all the tiniest and cutest things you'll ever see. It's incredible to think that with one hand you can hold such a tiny and cute little being in its entirety.

9. They are the alarm clock you never needed

Kate Tayler

Kittens have no chill. They are up and ready to rumble at 5:45 a.m. sharp and you best be up for playtime. This alarm clock is amplified when you get kittens collars with bells. It's a great idea and is adorable until it's 3 a.m. and time for Big Time Kitty Wrestling With Bells™.

10. But they're the friends you always wanted

Kittens are the best little buddies you could have. They're always there for you no matter what and they are always down for a good belly rub when you're feeling down. Cats are the best, hands down.

​11. You never want your kittens to get bigger…

Kate Tayler

... But you know cats are the best companions you could ever have. <3