10 Performers That Will Make You Wish You Went To Coachella

These newcomers brought the heat to Coachella this year.

543

I have never wanted to go to Coachella more than after seeing this year's lineup. Typically, the festival is stocked up with mainstream icons. Yet, this year, there were a lot of new faces.

1. Lizzo

Lizzo definitely steals the spotlight wherever she goes. This self-love icon spreads positivity through her music, with messages touching on image, race, sexuality, and so much more. Her inclusivity rings with audiences and her music makes you want to get up and dance!

Favorite Song: Boys

2. Alice Merton

Merton couples clever beats with relatable lyrics to make amazing music. Growing up in Germany and Canada, her accent comes through in her music to create a unique sound.

Favorite Song: Lash Out

3. Anderson .Paak

Anderson .Paak blends funk, R&B, pop, and soul to create fresh music. Usually following a California theme, his music still nods to important issues in society. On top of that, Paak is the lead drummer on his tracks and takes on that role during performances, adding for a pretty unique experience.

Favorite Song: Yada Yada

4. boy pablo

From Chile and Norway, boy pablo got its start from lead vocalist Nicolás Pablo Rivera Muñoz. His indie pop sound became popular after a viral YouTube video. Muñoz records and produces the tracks purely on his own, but his former classmates join him for live performances.

Favorite Song: Feeling Lonely

5. Janelle Monae

Monae's futuristic sound is captivating, but her stage presence is even more impressive. She is the epitome of a performer. Her intelligence shines through when she gets up on that stage with carefully crafted outfits, choreography, and vocals.

Favorite Song: I Got The Juice

6. 070 Shake

Shake's music focuses on her own self-esteem issues, sexuality, and drug use. Her pained voice drives home the importance of the topics she hits. Beyond that, her emotion and wailing tone is something that i have never heard before.

Favorite Song: Honey

7. Jain

Jain is the ringleader of her own show. She DJs her own shows and commands the crowds attention with her dance music. Yet, it's more than dance music. She mixes electronic and hip hop beats with some appearances from a synthesizer to make her irresistible tunes.

Favorite Song: Oh Man

8. Christine and the Queens

This French band packs so much swagger. Christine and the Queens pushes gender norms by speaking on the largely untouched female sex drive, comparing men to women in that respect. The masculinity swirled with funkiness makes for one-of-a-kind music.

Favorite Song: 5 dollars

9. Kacey Musgraves

Kacey Musgraves is everyone's latest favorite. She brings so many communities together with her poppy country beats and diva attitude. Not to mention, her yeehaw moment at Coachella broke the Internet.

Favorite Song: High Horse

10. Maggie Rogers

If you've been keeping up with my previous articles, you would know that I am completely and utterly obsessed with Maggie Rogers. Her music paints colors and soundscapes like no other. She's so funky and cool and breaks from the mold of typical young, female artists. Her sound is alternative and indie and poppy, yet does not fit in any genre. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, go listen to her music.

Favorite Song: Back In My Body