Why I'll Never Work Just For The Money

Why I'll Never Work Just For The Money

money doesn't buy happiness

10
Why I'll Never Work Just For The Money
Glossophilia

Currently, I have a job that I really love. I'm a library assistant, and it's my dream job. I have good benefits, I work part-time, and, no, I don't make a bunch of money. Nor, do I care that I don't make a lot of money. This may come as a shock to some people, simply because in order to even function in today's society people believe that they need all kinds of money. It is ingrained in all of us. "Make lots of money so you can live your best life." Frankly, it's unrealistic.

If you were to ask anyone what their three wishes would be, I would guarantee at least one of them would be that they were rich. Which, when you think about it, is really sad. A lot of people today even try to get careers that they really don't enjoy simply because they know it will make them a lot of money, and to me, a lot of money doesn't sound appealing when you work at a job you're not passionate about.

I understand if a person has goals and ambitions to have a big pay check to perhaps better provide for their families, but when you don't enjoy being at work, a place that you spend most of your life, you're not going to be happy no matter how much money you make.

Money is not everything, believe it or not, most people that have a lot of money aren't completely happy in their life anyway. They say money doesn't buy happiness, and it's completely true. A person may have bought everything they want but that doesn't mean they'll be completely fulfilled with their life.

So, no, I may not make a lot of money, but to tell the truth, I'm happy. And that's all that matters to me.