Never Stop Being a Good Person Because of Bad People.

This article revolves around people pleasers and their desire and motive to make everyone around them happy, and how to still remain true to who you are in this process.

25
Photo of Melissa Stewart

"You can be the juiciest, fruitiest peach in the world, and there is still going to be someone who hates peaches, so stop trying to please everyone", is a phrase all of us know too well. Although this quote supports the idea that not everyone will be pleased with you, it also ignores the fact that people should not change for others.

To keep this short and simple, I am a people pleaser, and I want everyone to always be happy with me and love me. Life is not that easy, and unfortunately that will never happen; hence the peach statement. BUT, I refuse to stop being that "peach" because of bad people.

I am a smiler, I love to please others with my support and humor. Some people are grouchy, refusing to accept this and shut me out. Yes, it hurts me, but I won't stop. If they don't accept that, that is on them, that will never be on me. I will never stop offering that goodness in my heart to the people in my life that deserve it.

For instance, let's talk about how much this will affect you to stop being yourself. It is detrimental, and will affect you negatively in the long run. Or, if you simply just accept that some people ARE negative and will not appreciate you. The 2nd option is much easier, never stop being you for someone else.

If the attempt to make others happy makes you happy, keep doing it. If it hurts you, stop. If you love to feel happy by others emotions, by all means, do as you please. Although, along the way you may not get the response you want, do not feel defeated. Never stop being a good person because of bad people. This action can lead to exhaustion and drainage though, so make sure you are full force in your choice.

We base a lot of our emotions on others feelings and we thrive off them, which is what one can infer with the peach quote. But- we cannot ignore the fact that some people are genuine people pleasers and love to make others happy, or even try to, and who are we to judge how it makes them feel?

For all my fellow people pleasers: stay happy, stay positive, stay loving and caring. Never stop being you. But, please never ignore that this may not always work, and some people will not be pleased with you. Ignore these people, and still be that amazing, bright peach that you are. The mold from the other fruit will spread to them, you always shine, stay bright.

Always stay true to who you are.

Love Always, Mel.