Good people and bad people
Lifestyles

Never Stop Being A Good Person Because Of Bad People

Sometimes good people don't always get the favor returned.

2614

Almost every day I encounter someone who is just plain unhappy. Does it ever make you feel like your good deeds are going unnoticed? For instance, why would you go out of your way for people who just don't appreciate it?

I was hit with the realization that just because people around me were unhappy didn't mean I had to be too. The world is unfair, and I totally understand how it may affect the way others act and feel but sometimes being the bigger person pays off.

A few years ago, I held the door for a guy who was a few steps behind me. When we approached the second door, he opened it and immediately let it shut right in my face. I was a little shocked because I had just held it for him. Plus, shouldn't he have held it for me regardless?

The biggest part about this wasn't the guy who let the door shut on me, but the woman who was behind me and watched it happen. She looked at me and said, "Sometimes good people don't always get the favor returned. But don't stop being a good person because others don't appreciate it."

This moment in my life has singlehandedly shaped me into the person I am today. I no longer expect people to notice my good deeds. I truly believe that what goes around comes around, and I honestly like what is coming my way.

Don't regret being a good person. At some point, your good deeds will no longer go unnoticed and someone will appreciate you. It can be hard, especially when those people who aren't noticing you are some of the most important people in your life.

Be a good person for you. If it makes you feel good to make others happy, why stop? People will continuously try to bring you down, but understand that it comes from their own insecurities. Insecurities are a powerful thing, and they can really control someone's life. Always take the high road, and understand that some people in this world just don't get it.

You never know what other people are going through, the smallest thing could make their entire day. I know that it makes my day when I make someone else happy.

So continue the good deeds, the positive spirits, and the polite gestures. You may just make an impact on someone's life who didn't even know they needed it.

Photo Credit: Pexels